Photo
- - - - -

What were you doing when you heard of Amy's Death?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

I still can't believe she is gone...There is this song in particular that is hard to listen to when it comes on because that's when it was confirmed that she did pass away. I still didn't believe and i was in shock. Also i was sleeping i didn't even know she was gone.My friend send me a text. Hurts and to think wow this shit is real. I miss Amy...

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#2 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

Ps. i know random post but i guess i have to vent a little bit. Thanks.

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#3 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

I wasn't at home when I heard she passed away. I was at a store, and looked at my phones internet and saw a headline about her passing away and it hit me hard even though I really didn't know much about her at that time. But because it hit me a lot when I saw the headline it made me learn more about here and really appreciate her talent.

#4 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

I remember it was exactly 1 month after I'd had surgery and I was 1 day away from being through with my treatments. I still wasn't allowed to touch anyone (which made the day that much harder). Anyhow, I'd just had lunch and I was sitting on the sofa with my laptop. I clicked on Tumblr and the first post I saw was "RIP Amy Winehouse" and it literally sent a chill down my spine. I get goosebumps just thinking about that feeling. Then I started frantically looking at the UK news websites until the headlines started popping up. Then I came here, I wasn't registered yet but I visited daily, and saw the posts. I'll never forget that day and the way it felt. It was awful.

I still don't know how the girl who posted that on Tumblr found out so quickly. She wasn't even a huge Amy fan. Odd how things go.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 Rollin Up The Wall

Rollin Up The Wall

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

I had spent the day floating on a river with some great friends having drinks and a great time. We got back to the bus and I checked my phone. I had a bunch of texts from people that said "Just heard about Amy. You ok?" and "Is it really true about Amy Winehouse?" Ruined my whole night :'-( We spent the rest of the evening at a friend's house listening to Frank and Back to Black. I put "Fuck Me Pumps" on repeat. It's still hard to believe and I'll remember that moment forever.

#6 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

Crazy how everyone was just doing their own thing and than we got the bad news. life is so unexpected. I miss Amy terribly. Wish she was with us longer and made more music. I always expected to be a old lady and have my grand kids and kids listen to her and me telling them about my idol. Which i still am! no matter what.You know how everyone is all into that person that really has a impact on them whether is a male or female. Amy was my angel. But Glad you guys found out about this forum! I found out myself in 2007. Just looking through the internet and ran into this. Are you guys excited for the album to come out? I heard some of the leaked songs and cried.

#7 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

I was sitting at home when my sister told me she had passed. I just said no for about an hour and looked it up online. It was mortifying. I couldn't believe it for such a long time. Til this day I can't really understand the circumstance. She was my idol (of course you all as well) I didn't want to believe it. it struck me so terribly I don't want to remember it. My heart sank, I couldn't believe it. I still struggle with actually believing it, I wish I had known her so badly...

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#8 Jaded

Jaded

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

I was on my way to work and I was checking a forum on another site and it said "Amy Winehouse joins 27 club." I immediately knew what that meant, but I figured it was another death hoax. I decided to google it and I couldn't believe it was actually true.

I told my mom and she was devistated as well. It was a very sad day.

#9 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

I was at the cinema and fount out about an hour after she passed through facebook. Some friends posted something about her, but I didn't want to believe it, so I kept on searching for a website that would tell me it wasn't true...
I found that day and I was so relieved I wasn't alone with that feeling. I visited it everyday and then, when I couldn't deal with it by myself anymore, decided to register. (Thanks fo everyone on here, you make it all a bit easier for me :) )
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#10 Mr.jones

Mr.jones

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I was going to the store with my mom on a friday night(she won't let me lie)I remember feeling really depressed and mad for no reason I was even fighting with my younger sis.I got home and went straight to bed.when I woke up I saw a post on facebook that said" R.I.P Amy Winehouse" I tought that it was just a rumor...but it wasn't ...that day seemed empty...even my mom and my little sister were sad listening to Amy's songs...I was shocked that she was gone just when she was starting to look healthy.sorry for my english:]
Posted Image
It was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.

#11 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Very difficult for me to remember this summer, in my mind this summer will be like "Black Summer 2011" I remember the day it was very hot, about 40 degrees, then I was in hospital and resuscitated my dear person, I had to do it unnecessarily physicians was not there, but this can only be stupid country like Russia. I was a little stressed, and when I ran home in the evening to take something I do not remember what I saw on the news the news, my first thought was this "Oh Amy, Amy, not all the today I am had saved" :(

#12 maynardguy

maynardguy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I heard the news while I was on holiday in Minorca. I had BBC News 24 on, and wasn't actually watching it, when I heard Back to Black come on and thought it odd that it was being played during the news. When I turned around and looked at the tv, I saw the news banner "Amy Winehouse has died". Just couldn't think about anything else all day. Certainly was a holiday i'll never forget because of that.
maynardguy, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Apr 2008.

#13 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

I was at the kitchen getting ready to go out. Minutes before I'd had a terrible row with my mom because I didn't wanna have dinner with my family, but she said "you have 30 minutes to get ready, and if you aren't in the restaurant at 9:30 you'd be in trouble".
My parents got out of the house and I starting listening to Amy on my ipod. It ran out of battery, so I turned on the TV. A film was ending and after that came the news. First the Norway thing, and then: Amy Winehouse is dead (I can't even write it). I screamed and the next second I couldn't breathe, I thought I was gonna faint. I started to cry really hard. I didn't know what to do. I thought "I have to told my daddy before he hears it somewhere else". My hands were shaking and I couldn't held the phone. I managed to put some make up and after that I phoned him. I couldn't said anything. He said "are you alright?" and I said "Amy's dead". He repeated it again and said "came here quickly, please".
I got out of the house in tears, and a girl who was sitting on our doorstep looked at me and asked if I was OK. When I arrived my daddy cuddle me and said "she'll be fine".
The next three hours were awful: everyone was chatting and having fun but I couldn't even talk. Every ten minutes I had to go to the toilet and cry, but luckily nobody noticed it.
Around midnight I asked my mom if I could go home, she said yes and I left. We were at my grandma's house, so we didn't have internet. I turned the TV on to see if they said something, but there were only films and stupid programmes. I also listened to the radio, but they didn't talk about it either. Around 1 pm the night news started. They talked a lot about it. When they showed the images of her body being carried out of the house covered with that pink sheet I wanted to die. I felt lost, I knew my happy days were over for good.
Sorry if I've written too much, but these memories have been mortifying me since that day. I needed to get it out of my chest.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#14 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

It was very strange in my case. This July was busy for me and I was checking news hardly at all. 22nd July I read an article about Billie Holliday and Amy was mentioned there as well, called Billie's "spiritual granddaughter". At this moment I started wondering how was she, knowing that June was not easy for her. I went to sleep that day thinking about her. Next day, in the evening one of my friends that is not so much into music said something like: "I heard that one of those great singers died today but I don't remember her name" (!/can you imagin?). I felt frozen - OMG, please, not Amy. I thought about her immediately but was full of hope that it was not about Amy. Later I heard the truth in the radio and it was so fucking horrible... I can't stop crying even now. And it hit me harder when I saw pics of Amy's body taken away from London home. To be honest till that moment I was in denial and wanted to believe that she probably went to St Lucia or somewhere else to have some rest and that all that was a kind of mistake or mistification. Yeah, I know that it's stupid but you know, drowning (wo)men clutch at straws... And the rest is history. I joined this wonderful forum - I'm not a big fan of forums in general but this situation was special and I felt that I will explode unless share my thoughts and emotions with somebody who feels the same. Thank you all for being here, you're amazing. xx

#15 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

I've just sited at my seat and I was checkin my twitter. So I read the bad news "Amy can't be dead". I thought that it was a mistake... So I started to search for it, and I found. So sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users