26 replies to this topic

#1 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Ok...I don't know with what reactions this post will be met with but I've decided not to buy Lioness. There are certain tracks that I will purchase but definitely not the whole album. From the previews/tracks I've heard, I get the impression that the album is nothing but profit for the record company. Amy was so much more than releasing an album of mainly covers - something she was very vocal about and quite frankly, I think Between the Cheats is an insult to her talent and her memory.

You get the impression that the album was rushed as it lacks consistency and tells no kind of story as Frank and Back to Black did. I reckon wherever Amy is now, someone's telling her to calm down coz she's seriously pissed at this album

It's a real shame and I hope if the record company continue to make more albums of left behind material, that they pay her more respect than what has thus far been shown by them.
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#2 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Well, I will buy this CD, can't help myself. I hope the CD booklet is ok. But, yeah, can't deny that Amy would have wanted a kind of concept album and if she was still with us it will be published for sure sooner or later. But I don't blame the rec company for releasing Lioness - it it planned like one of those bonus CD's you had in deluxe editions of frank and b2b, it's more like a kind of gift for fans, isn't it?

#3 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

I think it would have been more respectful to her if they had published a kind of coffee table book: pictures of her, maybe interviews where she explained the sort behind each of her songs and even if they had people she was close with, telling stories of her, throughout her life
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#4 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I get the same feeling. Even an amazing song like A song For You leaves me speachless at times, but not for the good reasons. We all know Amy wanted to take her time, and she was gradually getting better, even her vocals that were sometimes so bad (I remember the time around the Mandela event) were getting gradually back on track (see Brazil shows; mostly the first one of the tour).

I get mixed feelings about the album. It's our Amy but it isn't at the same time.

What a great idea you have to make a coffee table book on Amy!! A nice book that could show her beauty as an artist and a human being.

She was all about grace, even though when drunk or high. I will really feel bad if this album is the last "product" we get to remember her.

#5 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

It is clear that this is not the album that Amy had wanted to launch,but I don't think it's a bad album.I really like it!. All the songs are perfect.I thank Amy's family has accepted the release of this album and I'll buy it to help the foundation.

Edited by carla spain, 01 December 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#6 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yes. Pre-ordered a few days ago, but I've also listened to the leak and I enjoy most of the album very much. So I'd probably order it now if I hadn't already.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#7 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

In the morning you're vexed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

I've pre-ordered it from Universal, as wasn't sure if elsewhere have got the version with the poster. Not listened to any of the leaked tracks (yet!).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

I'm definitely buying it. I know it's not the album Amy would have wanted to make but it's not like she's going to have the chance to do another one. Of course, we would all like a full album of her own songs but that's not possible anymore so this album is at least something for us all to hold on to. And it happens to be really, really beautiful, much better than I would have expected. There are plenty of songs on the album that showcase what a musical genius she was, from her vocals to her songwriting talent.

Besides, any album is nothing but profit for the record company when you look at it that way. I'm glad that a small portion is going to the foundation but I'm buying it for myself. We can always donate more to the foundation on our own. And I don't think any of us can predict exactly how Amy would feel about the album, she wasn't very predictable. I think it's possible that she would be happy if it made her family, friends, and fans happy. She was a very giving, loving person after all.

A coffee table book would be nice as well, I would buy that.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

yes but what is gutting is that she won't be able to autograph the cd sleeve.

rubbish.

#10 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Of course I will ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

I asked for it for Christmas.

#12 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Im def buying the album . I actually love the songs. I can finally find some closure with her death with these new songs ive never heard before. Gives me more to remember her by. these are the last songs well ever hear. We should cherish them .
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#13 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I am definitely going to buy her album. Brings some sort of closure that she is no longer with us. Also to never forget about Amy. Her legacy just begun it will keep living on forever and growing if the people that truly loved her and adore her keep it alive..Just like many other artists/pinups/entertainers/ such as: Elvis Presley,Marilyn Monroe,Bettie page,Aaliyah,Tupac and Biggie...etc

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#14 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

I'll buy when it be released in Brazil, cuz import it from UK is so expensive.

#15 Rollin Up The Wall

Rollin Up The Wall

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm buying it, but I don't think of it as an Amy Winehouse album. I believe the label has also referred to it as a tribute. They're just working with what they have and I know I had been dying to hear some of her other material. Even if it wasn't up to par for a full-out studio album release, it's still something and there are some great songs on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users