85 replies to this topic

#76 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

I actually burned it to a different disk so I don't play out the original. I did that with all of them, is that sad? haha I want them to always sound perfect.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#77 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY IT'S MINE
The postman arrived this morning five minutes after I woke up. When I saw what he had in his hands I started shaking and I couldn't even sign.
I'm over the moon now. It's amazing. No tears and pain today, just an inmense pride and joy. I promise I'll write about the songs later, but now I'm way too excited. I'm gonna listen to it right now.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#78 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't got it or would like to order more Amazon UK currently have the CD available until 8pm UK time or while stocks last for £5.00.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#79 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I got it yesterday, listened to it a couple of times and I love it.
Mb3, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#80 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

I bought it last Monday, and call me crazy but I haven't managed to bring myself to listen to it yet...

Just looking at and reading the booklet makes me teary-eyed. And the three words "Original track ideas" below the list of songs intended for what should have been the 3rd album (underneath the CD) "kill" me every time. It kind of brings back the July feelings... Except that for me, back then, it was "I can't believe it", I mean, it felt so unreal... Now it's more "It's so unfair, I can't accept it". I guess having LHT in my hands instead of what her 3rd record should have been makes her death "too real".

Sorry, I'm rambling, but I guess I needed to get those feelings out, and what a better place to do so than this forum ! And as much as I love her, as important as her music is to me, gosh it feels weird feeling like that about someone I've never even met LOL!!!
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#81 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I understand a 100% your feelings.

It's so sad when I read this booklet,as I said,some tears..Can belive that it is the last CD..sucks -_-

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#82 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

I haven't get it!! I'm so mad I call to my local music store every single day and the album hasn't even released yet!!! I live in Indonesia, if anyone knows how or where to buy it immediately please let me know cos I'm dying to hear it... :( I don't wanna wait any longer.. Please?
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#83 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

Wo,I understand maybe it needs more time to get there..I don't know really.Sorry :S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#84 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I have mixed feelings about the album. On one side it was really special to hear her voice again, because I've hardly listened to her the past months, but on the other side I think it could have been better. It sounds very Frank to me. It's not that I don't like Frank, but if Mark (despite what he's done to Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow) had produced most of the songs instead of Salaam, it would have been so much better. I know most of the songs were recorded with Salaam, but his arragements don't suit them (like in The Girl From Ipanema, which could have been more than awesome with a proper arragement).
Having said this I also have to say that I'm completely obsessed with Between The Cheats. What a song! There are no words to describe how great it is (even backing vocals are a bit too much). And what can I say about A Song For You? I've only listened to it twice because is really hard, but it shows her ability to make you feel what she's singing, even if it's not her own song.
It's a good album, but we (or at least me) were expecting something in the style of Back To Black. There will never be an album like Back To Black, but I hope the future albums (because I'm sure this is not the last one) keep on with that style.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#85 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

I don't feel that this album looks like "Frank",well this is my opinion. For me each CD is different.

That's only my point when I heard for the first time " Lioness:Hidden Treasures."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#86 Rubi

Rubi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

I liked it, but it really felt like a producer's album, like a remix album. It had her voice, but it missed her touch. I feel like they got away with stuff she wouldn't release.

Nevertheless, it was very nice to hear her voice again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users