29 replies to this topic

#1 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

A member of the singer's family suggested she was suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder.
Posted ImageAmy Winehouse
It has been claimed that Amy Winehouse was suffering from a mental illness her whole life, which she kept secret from the world.
The singer is thought to have been struck by the Borderline Personality Disorder, which sees sufferers feeling angry, empty, shame and guilt as part of the struggle with their emotions. In many cases it has also led sufferers to have problems with substance abuse and eating disorders, which Amy was known to have had.
A member of Amy’s family yesterday said, “It was never diagnosed as she would never agree to a proper diagnosis. I’m no expert but from what I’ve read it fitted with her.”
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#2 Gracex

Gracex

Got me addicted, does more than any dick did

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

This is plausible, but I do think that sometimes certain people are stronger than others when bad things happen. One thing can tip someone over the edge and unfortunately, some take longer to come back to it. But it is most certainly to do with emotional make up, some are more sensitive than others- and this, I think, makes people more creative. Which as we know isn't a bad thing. Society needs to encourage create people, not discourage- then maybe things would be different. Just my thoughts however

#3 Gracex

Gracex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Creative people, not create people lol

#4 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Twas mentioned in tha Sunday times article, alot of her traits n behaviour fitted in wid symptoms of it, maube if ppl realized she could have been ill, they may stop bein such arseholes towards her.

Amazin woman!, to go thru all what she did, genius's usually are tortured souls, have mental.emotional issues, God Bless ourgirl x

#5 Gracex

Gracex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

People will always be arseholes- she was just too talented and people hate that as they could never come up with heartfelt lyrics etc themselves. F them is what I say. Takes V special people to understand the depths of her/her lyrics :)

#6 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

I can't believe we're talking about this, not here. I haven't read the article (and I won't), just the title of the post and I'm beyond horrified. How can anyone dare to suggest this? World is full of cruel, unsensitive people. Now I understand why Amy's not here anymore. She's an angel and this mad world wasn't the right place for her.
I hope people here don't believe, care and speak about this bullshit.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#7 Gracex

Gracex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationN Ireland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

In fairness, I think that Amy herself admitted to being depressed. So logical that people will try and decipher the reasons why she was how she was. Alot of people suffer from mental illness, should be no stigma

#8 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

WellI agree with ladyamy.

One moment the said that she had bepolar problem and now this?What we suppose to belive?

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Marty<3Amy

Marty<3Amy

I'll love you forever my mermaid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

I can't believe we're talking about this, not here. I haven't read the article (and I won't), just the title of the post and I'm beyond horrified. How can anyone dare to suggest this? World is full of cruel, unsensitive people. Now I understand why Amy's not here anymore. She's an angel and this mad world wasn't the right place for her.
I hope people here don't believe, care and speak about this bullshit.

Thanks a lot for your reply..i totally agree with u..this world was too cruel for her..she had a pure an innocent soul..
Posted Image

"That silent sense of content that everyone gets
Just disappear soon as the sun sets"

#10 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

This shouldn't of been published. Real or not why are they still publishing negative press. Let her rest in peace already. If she had BPD its not gonna change our mind about her and will only serve as fuel for the haters.

#11 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

If she was ill, she was ill nowt to be ashamed of, explains some things, its been mentioned b4, so dnt get why ppl havin a breakdown, she's said herself she sufers depression, its not cruel to say someone has a mental illness, more ppl than we realize do, at some point in their lives, hardly cruel n horrifyin to talk about, if it was a part of her, yet ppl found it ok to post pix of her off her face n lookin ill n gaunt, yet mentionin she may have been ill, which would explain some of tha things dat happened in her life n ppl get on one. x

Edited by Amysanchorcat, 07 December 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

In fairness, I think that Amy herself admitted to being depressed. So logical that people will try and decipher the reasons why she was how she was. Alot of people suffer from mental illness, should be no stigma

Exactly, to react tha way some ppl have n by sayin bout not bein for dis world is like sayin she shdnt have been ere, errr, yes she shd have been, yea, she was a pure n beautiful soul, also tortured, n died by accident, she was meant for ere, actin all uptight coz its been said she was ill, she admitted to depression n emotional stuff, eatin disorders, addictions, self harmin, BPD could been base factor for all those things, nowt to be ashamed off or swept under carpet!!. x

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply..i totally agree with u..this world was too cruel for her..she had a pure an innocent soul..

This!!! I refuse to diagnose anyone/talk about ajw in this way ..... I went through this myself. The mistakes, the stigma, etc. Hospitalizations. Etc. In my opinion, Amy was fine and the world is fucked up. She was pure. I REALLY thought her camp would bring this up earlier. Moreover, I really wish they would have dealt with this WHILE she was alive, so she could improve her health before it got so bad and out of control. They let it happen as they watched. As we watched. Professional treatment or therapy is the way to get a mood disorder under control. Amy said it herself "can't help u if u don't help urself". Leave our Amy alone!!! XO

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#14 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Errr, no ones sayin owt bad, i'm mentionin sumat dats been mentioned on ere several times ova las few trs n has been brought up again, recently, if anyfin, it shd be raised, as alot o tha times mental illness is ignored, whispered about, hidden, its shdn't be, prob half tha pop o tha world suffer from sum kinda emotional/mental illness, stigma needs liftin, it needs to be recognized n not hushed up, bein ill is not shameful, lots ppl wid mental illness don't/won't take meds n so on.

Ppl talk bout, dey think she comitted suicide, which she very clearly didn't, u don't think dats wrong, postin pix o her at her lowest, u thinks dats ok?, but to mention she was ill n some o u are moanin, not bashin her, tryna understand what went so wrong, aside from snake, it all seemed to trigger wid meetin him.

Bee-hivin ;) like dis is part o tha problem, bein ignorant bout it. x

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Alcoholism, fucked up love life wid a cunt, addictions 2 Crack n heroin, 2 eatin disorders, her gran passin, self harmin, depression, emotional issues, pressures of fame n tha whole lot unda worlds gaze 24/7, all dat alone is enuff to take a toll on anyone, to sum degree, she was a fighter n hung on in there n did bloody well, ill or not tis alot to go thru, esp her bein such a sweet, lovin beautiful soul, can't ignore it, but if her illness explains sum o it, dat helps understand why things were as dey were. x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users