Photo
- - - - -

"Lioness" is the best album I've heard this year.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I listened to this album from start (last night) to finish (this morning). It just reminded me of how brilliant of an artist she was since the start. The tracklist plays out so well for an album that's supposedly just a mix of the old and new. Certain songs I recognize "Frank" Amy and then there's 2008 Amy and Back To Black Amy but overall, it's all the same. It's all the music of a genius/ brilliant lyricist. Remi also did an amazing job with the productions, might I add. His finishing touches/retouching really came through well on this project. I love EVERYTHING about the album... except... Body & Soul. I just wish it never made the album :( I would have preferred "It's My Party." but oh well.

Her covers are just amazing. Her late original material is haunting with the spirit that just embodies what she was all about and what had become of her in her last years. I didn't cry. I just took it all in as a brilliant woman/musician/artist doing what she did best.

But oMG!... I had seen the picture before but O...M...G... did anyone else open the CD case to that gorgeous ass picture of her putting on her eyelines!!!???????? AaaaaaaaaaaaaaH~!~ lol

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#2 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Does anyone know if they're still releasing singles from this project?! There are so many great songs that could be released. I honestly love "A Song For You" and Half Time"... I love it all. There was a cover she did that I can't remember the name of but I think it was before "Like Smoke."

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#3 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

I have a question, tho. Why would the label include the last tracklist of her unreleased album in the CD artwork?! The notebook with the titles when you take the cd out? I hope we get that album later.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#4 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

I was wondering about that, too. It's just the album she had written but never recorded at least said Remi. I can't understand the one right by the center of the disk, does it say cremated? I just found that a little strange, I might just be assuming, but it certainly looks like it says something like that.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#5 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

did anyone else open the CD case to that gorgeous ass picture of her putting on her eyelines!!!???????? AaaaaaaaaaaaaaH~!~ lol

Yeah, this picture's the only one from the booklet I didn't know, and gosh it's gooorgeous (and she's gorgeous too) !!

I have a question, tho. Why would the label include the last tracklist of her unreleased album in the CD artwork?! The notebook with the titles when you take the cd out? I hope we get that album later.

I was wondering about that, too. It's just the album she had written but never recorded at least said Remi. I can't understand the one right by the center of the disk, does it say cremated? I just found that a little strange, I might just be assuming, but it certainly looks like it says something like that.

Yes, I think those are the songs intended for the next album, that she wrote but never recorded, or never finished recording (according to what Salaam Remi said). I wonder if some of these songs are the 12 songs that are kept "in a vault" because she didn't want them to be released ?
About the one under the center of the disc, yes, I think it says "cremated" (a little strange, indeed), but I can't make out the rest. I've actually tried to remove the plastic thing to have a better look at it, but I couldn't, and I don't want to break the whole thing LOL!
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#6 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

It is the best CD..^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, this picture's the only one from the booklet I didn't know, and gosh it's gooorgeous (and she's gorgeous too) !!

Yes, I think those are the songs intended for the next album, that she wrote but never recorded, or never finished recording (according to what Salaam Remi said). I wonder if some of these songs are the 12 songs that are kept "in a vault" because she didn't want them to be released ?
About the one under the center of the disc, yes, I think it says "cremated" (a little strange, indeed), but I can't make out the rest. I've actually tried to remove the plastic thing to have a better look at it, but I couldn't, and I don't want to break the whole thing LOL!

Well, some of the songs on the Lioness album are in that tracklisting but I have a feeling most were left unfinished or something. "Like Smoke" wasn't called that on the notebook. There's Between The Cheats as well. I'll have to look at that once more.

But I went into the store last night after work and bought it and the girl at the register was like "OMG, this is so good. Have you heard Halftime?" And I really hadn't other than Youtube. But she said something like it sucks when you finally get into someone's music so late, you know, after they're gone... and it's weird now because writing that, I just almost wanted to cry but yeah, it just sucks.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#8 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Anyfin we get by Amy is a bonus, lovin tha album, dunno why pps are moanin bout Body n Soul, twas her las recordin n tis wid one her heros, we shd cherish it!. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#9 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

Anyfin we get by Amy is a bonus, lovin tha album, dunno why pps are moanin bout Body n Soul, twas her las recordin n tis wid one her heros, we shd cherish it!. x

Because imo, it doesn't fit the album and is already on someone's. But, I understand the cherish sentiment.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#10 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Tis good to compare sum her earlist recordings to her las one, as sad as dat is, God bless her x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users