- - - - -

Evil thread; what Amy song you don't really like?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_warpmystic_*

Guest_warpmystic_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

That song with rap vocals in last album; I must say I listened half the song once and never again.

October Song; I first heard this from an indie band called Coco Rose or something, so i can't really relate to it.

Monkey Man; get old real fast.

Body and Soul; I don't like Bennett guy.

Our day will come; I must be wierd or something cause according to last.fm this is the most listened song. After two runs i simply quit. Kind of too... simple for Amy? I don't know.

But like, I can listen to Take the box or Fools Gold in repeat practically forever.

#2 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Not an enormous fan of Love is a Losing Game, but I think that that's because I can't yet relate to the situation or the emotion that Amy is describing in the song. Also, Monkey Man is quite annoying, because it sounds like all the notes are being missed.

#3 anchor

anchor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Dont really like "know you now", i think its the production rather than lyrics or Amy's voice..

#4 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

But October Song is Amy's song, did Coco Rosie cover it or something?

I don't like Fool's Gold and Best Friends. Never really got into Beat the Point to Death either. Everything else is perfect. Both of the albums have no fillers imo.

I don't think you should refuse to aknowledge the brilliance of Like Smoke without even listening to the whole song, man:sadbanana:

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#5 Guest_warpmystic_*

Guest_warpmystic_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

But October Song is Amy's song, did Coco Rosie cover it or something?

Hm.. I never went and look whose song it is originally. I was assuming (since I heard from Coconuts first) both them and Amy cover it from someone else, haha. Big mistake. :-$

But you see, if Fool's Gold one of your least favorite songs, I can't really take your word for brilliance. :-/

#6 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

My 18 month old loves Monkey Man, by Amy. I play it for him all the time.

He always is singing 'ay yah yah' 'ay yah yah'.... So precious.

SIGNATURE REMOVED. PLEASE MAKE SURE SIGNATURE DOES NOT EXCEED 500x200 PIXELS.

#7 prettymaryk

prettymaryk

distractionless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'm always ambivalent about "He Can Only Hold Her". Maybe it's not the song itself so much as its placement on the album - to me it reaches its climax at "Tears Dry", then there's "Wake Up Alone" and "Unholy War" to sort of bring everything back down, "Addicted" to lighten up the mood... and "He Can Only Hold Her" just seems like too much, it gets in the way. It's a good song on its own (though the background singers annoy me a bit) but I don't really like it in context.

Same thing with "Brother": between "Amy Amy Amy" (which I love oh so much) and "Mr Magic", it just doesn't make that much of an impression. I never really got it - too personal, maybe? It was obviously written about something really specific, and even though all of her songs are, this one just stumps me - only child and all. Love the melody though.

That's so sweet!! - It does get a bit annoying after a while - but she's having so much fun singing it! I love it when I'm in the mood. Like now! Ay ay ay, ay ay ay...

Anyway, those are all gems next to what most other people are writing (or pretending to write) today.

#8 Guest_warpmystic_*

Guest_warpmystic_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Oh, it's a good song to dance and jump on bed and epic pillow wars that's for sure. :D

#9 PhemiosRK

PhemiosRK

Plz, at least Im not openin 4 a c* like Kanye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

I love every song, BUT 'Beat the point to Death' and that awful duet with Taylor James.... I dunno but these songs scratch along my edges haha. Don't hate 'em though, few parts are okay and all, but they will never find their way to my I-pod. ......xD wow feels like blashpemy. Nice threat.....haha
''If you could think of a four letter word to call someone, wouldn't it be better than 'brat'? ''

#10 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Man this is hard. But I gotta say REHAB. considering Amy's life had to end like this, I just hate rehab so much. You know what I mean?
Other than that, umm none. I love all her songs. They were special.
  • JadedHearts likes this
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#11 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hmm, I've really loved most all of them including "Fool's Gold" which I've noticed a lot of people don't like. The ones I listen to least are probably "Brother" and "Beat the Point to Death". But they're still at least pretty good because she's singing them. Her voice made anything sound good. So I still like those, just not as much as the others.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

I love the version of "Monkey Man" that she performed at the end of 2006 on Jools Holland, with the full band and everything. I don't care for the version on "B2B Deluxe."

I used to not care for "Wake Up Alone," but the hauntingly beautiful stripped version on "Lioness" really made me appreciate the beauty of the lyrics and melody.

I also prefer the faster version of "Valerie" over the version on "B2B Deluxe," but I love the one on "Lioness." I think its the quality of her voice at the time.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#13 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

I very much dislike Rehab.

It certainly helped make AJW "rich and famous" - and it's a very catchy tune - but, to those who understood what was happening, it was always pretty much pure evil. Now, it disgusts me and hurts me; and, it's irony is constantly cited and laughed at by the filthy haters. I never intentionally listen to it.

• JadedHearts likes this

#14 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Man this is hard. But I gotta say REHAB. considering Amy's life had to end like this, I just hate rehab so much. You know what I mean?
Other than that, umm none. I love all her songs. They were special.

Completely agree. I also like it least out of all her songs, because it lacks that depth and emotional connect. It's a catchy tune and all but it's been completely destroyed in my mind because of how everything ended like I hate that it's the song she's known best for, you know?

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#15 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

I do not like Rehab. I think that's why it took me until 2008/2009 to become a fan. Rehab was the first song I heard from Amy and there's something about it I don't like. So, I didn't listen to anymore of her music.

Also, Beat the Point to Death, Girl from Ipanema, Alcoholic Logic, It's My Party, and I think that's it. There might be one or two more.
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users