16 replies to this topic

#1 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

You know she says " I take in blabla" after Zalon's performance. Especially Hey Little Rich Girl. What did she use to say? I can't understand. She says something like let's clap? :P
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#2 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

I know she always said "Z-A-L-O-N-O-N-L-I-N-E. com" after his parts, I don't know if that's what you mean.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#3 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Maybe you could post a video of the specific performance you're referring to? I thought she usually said "Ade and Zalon!" or, like Elsie said, advertised Zalon's website. I've never heard her say anything that sounded like what you said.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Oh, Elsie you may be right! And yes, she may used to say Ade and Zalon. Guys, you know she had her own English (it's really cool) and I'm not a native English speaker, so it is really hard to understand what she says. This is the video;

There many videos like that. But this is the first video I've ever heard the thing that she said. Skip to 2:00, you'll understand what I mean.

Posted Image

#5 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yeah here she says 'Ade and Zalon' the names of the two backing singers!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Yes, like Tiny Penny said she's saying "Ade and Zalon!" there. Maybe it sounds strange because Ade is pronounced Ah-Day?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Oh, yeah. You guys are right. But, like I told before, Amy had very characteristic pronouncation. That's why I always understood as she said "I take in sailor" :D I know, it is such a nonsense but.. LOL Whatever thanks for info :)
Posted Image

#8 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

"I take in sailor"?

0_o

lol

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

"I take in sailor"?

0_o

funny ,)
I can't understand half the things she says
Cuz I'm not. Native speaker, I get it!!

Amy so cute!
Her backup singers are amazing

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

"I take in Sailor"

0_o

funny ,)
I can't understand half the things she says, but I looove listening.to her speak

Amy so cute!
Her backup singers are amazing[/QUOTE]

#9 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yes Amy speaks with a strong North London accent (Southern England), as does her dad, which is completely different from a Northern English accent and english people in general have problems sometimes understanding accents from different regions of our own country,Mitch thought I had a Liverpool accent when I spoke to him!

#10 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Well, I'm enjoying this topic of Amy's accent and pronounciation in general.....I sometimes do have problems understanding the UK, Irish,Scotty tongue, as the accents vary in regions as you mentioned but on the other hand, I can easily , if I was with a person long enuff, go into their accent mode alongside with them and I've done that before with aamusong remarks and strange looks. Being Canadian, to others, I have an accent and I have a local twang of my hometown and being of Irish heritage, I 've been mistaken for being from the Maritimes in Canada- East coast....lol ?! So, if I were talking with Amy, I'd probably end up talking in her dialect just because I was alongside her....I've even done that with a few UK friends of mine on the phone at one point....

#11 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Aww, she did have quite an interesting way of speaking. My parents can never understand what she's saying when I play one of her interviews for them. I'm American but I was a huge fan of Oasis years ago, before I discovered Amy, and spent a lot of time listening to Noel and Liam Gallagher in music and interviews. They're quite hard to understand but after a while I was able to understand every word and their accents seemed completely normal. Same goes for Amy. After a lot of time spent listening to her music and interviews, her accent is so familiar to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Aww, she did have quite an interesting way of speaking. My parents can never understand what she's saying when I play one of her interviews for them. I'm American but I was a huge fan of Oasis years ago, before I discovered Amy, and spent a lot of time listening to Noel and Liam Gallagher in music and interviews. They're quite hard to understand but after a while I was able to understand every word and their accents seemed completely normal. Same goes for Amy. After a lot of time spent listening to her music and interviews, her accent is so familiar to me.

HaHa! glad to know you would be able to understand my accent then after listening the gallagher brothers speaking! they are from manchester, about 25mins from where I am, can you notice the difference between Amy's london accent and the gallaghers manchester accent?

#13 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hey Paul, if ppl struggle wid Amys accent, they got no chance wid ours! ;), lol, oi Penny blossom, u managed, lol, hope she gets a Grammy 2night. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#14 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Haha, really? Oh yeah, the 2 accents sound completely different to me. I can't place all of the different accents in the UK but I can tell they all sound different. But I love the Mancunian accents! I think of it as being comparable to my accent as far as UK accents go (I'm from the Deep South).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm as Mancunian as u can get! :) :), lol, but it's changed ova tha years, still broad/thick/strong, but, kinda nasal, like Paul said tha cavemen from Oasis, lol. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users