94 replies to this topic

#61 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

@JamaicaAndSpain : I'm happy. My original intention was to help people understand Amy, but even better if my story to help others like you. Good luck!

Thank you, you're really kind.
Thing is, most people on this forum probably understand - or at least try to understand - Amy. Because they care about her. Most others don't even bother to understand, so they just judge. I think it is almost impossible to make someone understand her better - because they're not interested. They'd rather go the easier way. Mental illness still isn't accepted in society.

I am really glad that I can talk about all this stuff on here. I am really grateful.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#62 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thing is, most people on this forum probably understand - or at least try to understand - Amy. Because they care about her. Most others don't even bother to understand, so they just judge. I think it is almost impossible to make someone understand her better - because they're not interested. They'd rather go the easier way. Mental illness still isn't accepted in society.

Couldn't agree with you more! It's so true (about Amy, about mental illness, but also in general). Sometimes I think it doesn't even occur to those judgmental people to try to understand. I don't know why. Maybe it's fear, maybe it's because they're narrow-minded... But yeah, judging is easier, I guess...
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#63 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

I remember Blake saying that...it sounded to me like Amy wanted to impress Blake by joining him and his friends in snorting coke. Remember Amy was still quite younf and impressionable when she met him, and obviously willing to do anything to be with him. Taking drugs was with him was one way of getting closer...and then she got addicted, that's the nature of drugs.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

"it's not enough, you love blow and i love puff"

I think these lyrics say a lot too. Much to do with how and why they got back together and why Amy started using... In my opinion of course, not necessarily correct.

It does say a lot about how she viewed their relationship and what drove them apart...it's like she decided to use harder drugs to get closer to him, to impress him...

#64 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Afetamine,I think..

Afetamins isn't a drug or a drug type. Are you talking about AMPHETAMINE? Amphetamines are drugs like Adderall, Dexedrine, Benzedrine, Dextrostat, etc...

#65 andrebln

andrebln

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. nobody here will judge you. You welcome

#66 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Afetamins isn't a drug or a drug type. Are you talking about AMPHETAMINE? Amphetamines are drugs like Adderall, Dexedrine, Benzedrine, Dextrostat, etc...

Oups,sorry for my bad spelling,yes that I was talking about ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#67 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for sharing your stories. it was heartfelt.

#68 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Amphetamine (speed, whizz, Billy, phet, etc...) is an awful, horrible thing. Like fifty cups of bad coffee. Horribly addictive and horrible comedowns. Seen a few people mess their lives up with that crap.

#69 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

I see Mama_Haze ,good to know ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#70 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

In response to one of the first postings regarding valium... I believe Reg said on his "Anderson" appearance that she was prescribed Librium. It's probably a trade name for a drug in the benzo-diazapene family which includes valium.

Not sure of the uses for Librium, but IIRC he mentioned it was meant to ease the withdrawal from alcohol. Benzos are typically prescribed as anti-anxiety, but some of them do have other uses such as anti-seizure or to reduce myoclonus.

How much Librium was in her system... I am not sure if the report mentioned it. But in general mixing of benzos with alcohol is a no-no. Both are depressants on the body, so mixing them can put the body/mind out too deep that your vital signs just slip away.
One love.

#71 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thank you, I was not aware! : )

#72 anchor

anchor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

In response to one of the first postings regarding valium... I believe Reg said on his "Anderson" appearance that she was prescribed Librium. It's probably a trade name for a drug in the benzo-diazapene family which includes valium.

Not sure of the uses for Librium, but IIRC he mentioned it was meant to ease the withdrawal from alcohol. Benzos are typically prescribed as anti-anxiety, but some of them do have other uses such as anti-seizure or to reduce myoclonus.

How much Librium was in her system... I am not sure if the report mentioned it. But in general mixing of benzos with alcohol is a no-no. Both are depressants on the body, so mixing them can put the body/mind out too deep that your vital signs just slip away.

you are right, not only Librium is from the benzodiazepine family, it was the first (!)

Librium is indicated for the short term (2–4 weeks) treatment of anxiety which is severe and disabling or subjecting the person to unacceptable distress. It is also indicated as a treatment for the management of acute alchol withdrawal syndrome.

the deal with alchol in symple words is:

when you stop drinking you should do it not at once, you should do it by reducing the ammount evey day.
if you do choose to stop at once you should do it under supervise - because alchol withdrawal could kill.

about 40% of people who stopped drinking at once will have a seizure within 24 hours
20% will have more than one seizure (24 hours)
and 5% will have more than 4 seizure (24 hours)

benzodiazapine is the chosen drug to stop\prevent seizures so a lot of alcholoics are taking this drugs to prevent a sizure.

so an indication for benzo is alchol withdrawal, whats the contraindication?

acute intoxication with alcohol, narcotics, or other psychoactive substances

funny right? cause u give this drug to the specific population who has the most chances to fall into the contraindication group.

benzodiazpaine is a strong group of drugs and can be deadly, with or without drinking.

thats way im pretty sure it was the combination of this drug with alchol who took our Amy... since the report mentioned that there where no illiegal drugs, but Amy was prescribed with this one so it cant be declared illiegal...

sorry for spelling mistakes...

#73 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

It all started with weed. In 2007 Amy was hospitalised for overdosing on cocaine, heroin, ketamine and ecstasy and later she was pictured smoking crack.

Now I know that many people blame Blake for all this. Of course, he had a part in this. But we can't forget the simple fact that Amy lived in London. Drugs were everywhere. Knowing that she had some problems (with or without Blake). I think it was just a matter of time really. It's easier to blame Blake for all this but I believe it was her choice all along. Someone would of introduced her to hard drugs anyway, keeping in mind that she already was smoking weed.

She chose to walk a new path and change her habits. That wasn't Blake's choice either, was it. Amy chose to get better, and, I like to believe that she did.

Edited by Katausa, 03 March 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#74 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

In regards to the above post, Amy was ultimately responsibly for Amy... however people like the (bad) Blake are what are termed enablers. They both validate and reinforce drug use in someone susceptible to addiction.

If it was a mix of the Librium and alcohol, the upside of it (though there really is no upside in someone passing away) was that Amy would have passed peacefully.
One love.

#75 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

She drank, (alcoholic logic)
Smoked weed (addicted, mr magic)
smoked crack (on a youtube video)
snorted coke (On various videos you can see her pull it out of her beehive discreetly, plus there are photos with white residue up her nose)
injected heroin (Blake admitted to letting her try when she saw him do it)

Those are the drugs we know for sure with said proof.

And don't be ashamed for asking.

Also it should be noted, that one day Amy woke up in 2008 and decided she was done with hard drugs... and she stuck to that. She then started to drink heavily to compensate .

Hope this helps

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users