Photo
- - - - -

Love Is Blind @ Dubai 2011

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

I've just uploaded this one. Hope you enjoy it!

It's not complete, but I think it's worth watching anyway.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks. I love how her voice matured, especially with songs like this.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

One of Amy's best songs <3
Thank for uploading this, means a lot.

#4 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

It's really sad, because here she sounds good, she's sober, she looks FANTASTIC, but she was utterly bored and disinterested. It was clear, even with her Brazil performances, that she was not at a place where she really wanted to be performing. I often wonder how things would have gone if she had her choice in whether or not she really wanted to go out and perform. I've watched part of her "Rehab" performance in Dubai and couldn't get through it because she was just checked out.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#5 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

she changed "i drank so much needed your touch" to "i cried so much..."

#6 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

It's really sad, because here she sounds good, she's sober, she looks FANTASTIC, but she was utterly bored and disinterested. It was clear, even with her Brazil performances, that she was not at a place where she really wanted to be performing. I often wonder how things would have gone if she had her choice in whether or not she really wanted to go out and perform. I've watched part of her "Rehab" performance in Dubai and couldn't get through it because she was just checked out.

I remember watching an interview or a clip of Mitch after Belgrade. He had stated that Amy's heart just wasn't into performing, she had lost interest in live shows. He never elaborated on it and I haven't heard anything since. I can completely see what he was saying. She really seemed bored and somewhere else. But not drugs or alcohol.

What a shame it is to have to perform when you really don't want to (if that was the case. I don't know). Or maybe it was singing the same songs over and over. It would be hard for me to perform songs that remind me of a painful point in my life. How is anyone able to move on when they are constantly reliving painful memories. She had stated that every time she sang one of her songs, she felt she was reliving the memory again.

Maybe she didn't lose interest in performing, maybe it was just time to move on from B2B. I like to think of Amy as the ultimate. For me, there is no musician better or even comes close to her. Instead of the press saying she lost her talent blah, blah, I say she was growing up and dealing with her own problems. She just had to do it public. She never lost her talent; she was just figuring things out. I think she may have eventually checked back in.

#7 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

I remember watching an interview or a clip of Mitch after Belgrade. He had stated that Amy's heart just wasn't into performing, she had lost interest in live shows. He never elaborated on it and I haven't heard anything since. I can completely see what he was saying. She really seemed bored and somewhere else. But not drugs or alcohol.

What a shame it is to have to perform when you really don't want to (if that was the case. I don't know). Or maybe it was singing the same songs over and over. It would be hard for me to perform songs that remind me of a painful point in my life. How is anyone able to move on when they are constantly reliving painful memories. She had stated that every time she sang one of her songs, she felt she was reliving the memory again.

Maybe she didn't lose interest in performing, maybe it was just time to move on from B2B. I like to think of Amy as the ultimate. For me, there is no musician better or even comes close to her. Instead of the press saying she lost her talent blah, blah, I say she was growing up and dealing with her own problems. She just had to do it public. She never lost her talent; she was just figuring things out. I think she may have eventually checked back in.

I could not agree more!

I cannot imagine how "B2B" must have gotten tiring for her. For one, she must have been bored to tears with them, and for another, she couldn't have enjoyed living each song for five years. You can clearly see it in her face that she wasn't even listening to herself on stage anymore...
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#8 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

She looks and sounds really good here (I love the way her voice matured too, @Uno), but I agree, from what I've seen, she seemed bored and disinterested during that Dubai show. It's even more obvious in the Rehab performance. I watched parts of it too, @antceleb12, and I couldn't get through it either, 'cause she seemed to have completely checked out, mentally. I didn't know that after Belgrade, her father had said she had lost interest in live shows, thanks @MandyP ! I don't know if she wasn't interested anymore in performing in general. She seems to enjoy performing in those two clips (well, these are from 2009 and 2010, not 2012, so maybe those are not good examples. And the 1st one is with The Specials, so of course she enjoyed being there. But still...):

And what's interesting, I think, is that these are covers, not her own songs. I mean, I can certainly understand why she would have been tired of performing the B2B songs over and over again. Like she said, to sing a song well, she had to remember how she felt when she wrote it, and thus relive the moment. It must have been emotionally exhausting... No wonder she was on autopilot in some performances...

Edited by Nasha, 04 March 2012 - 11:31 PM.

"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#9 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

She still sounds good, even if she wasn't paying attention.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I just watched the version of Rehab everybody was talking about. She definitely seemed out of it. I wonder what she was thinking about.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#10 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

I seriously wonder how on earth she kept performing all those B2B songs... it must have been emotionally draining. When you look at the list of her performances it is a wonder she managed to go through all that so many times. You can tell from looking at her performing that she was putting herself back in the 'place' of the song. We use her songs to escape but for her she was giving a little piece of herself everytime she performed.

Not sure what was going on in Dubai... maybe she was just sick of it... maybe she just couldn't be arsed with it all! Dunno! Poor girl.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

One thing i did notice about both this concert in Dubai and the concert at Belgrade, was that Amy went to the rehab clinic and stayed for about a week before each one. I couldn't find any news or articles online about her going into rehab for the concerts in Brazil in the beginning of the year at all. Also, there are news stories and videos showing her stopping and buying alcohol and downing it in the store while on her way to the rehab stay before going Belgrade. This is making me wonder if, since her shows in Brazil went pretty good, she just let her guard down in a big way and her drinking just got progressively worse to where those one week rehab stays just were not enough time to help her get back on track, especially by the time she did Belgrade. I also agree about her singing the same songs over and over, it must have been a real pain for her to have to get out there and do that 'on demand'.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#12 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I didn't realise she sang Love is blind in Dubai, thanx!

Did she also sing songs from Frank at the Brazil concerts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users