#1 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

http://www.london24....owling_1_972931

Has anyone else read this? I wonder why other channels didn't pick it up?

#2 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Very odd, we may never know what happened that night. :(

#3 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Very odd, we may never know what happened that night. :(

I just randomly came across this reading through past news articles. Isn't it odd that other news channels never picked up this story? Then again, it could be complete BS. Originally when I read it I imagined Amy playing the drums like crazy and just having a good ol' time. But, who knows.

#4 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I just randomly came across this reading through past news articles. Isn't it odd that other news channels never picked up this story? Then again, it could be complete BS. Originally when I read it I imagined Amy playing the drums like crazy and just having a good ol' time. But, who knows.

You never know. I came across this a few weeks ago, and I thought the same thing. God, I miss her

#5 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

http://www.london24....owling_1_972931

Has anyone else read this? I wonder why other channels didn't pick it up?

I'm sure most realised that it was a nonsense story, the excited ravings of yet another attention-seeking crackpot. Don't forget, we had the other lunatic who went to the press with a story about him helping Amy to buy thousands of pounds worth of heroin and cocaine on the evening before her death. Everything said at the inquest and the autopsy and blood reports contradicted these stories. Either these stories are nonsense or there has been a conspiracy involving the authorities and I really don't go with the conspiracy option.

#6 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

I'm sure most realised that it was a nonsense story, the excited ravings of yet another attention-seeking crackpot. Don't forget, we had the other lunatic who went to the press with a story about him helping Amy to buy thousands of pounds worth of heroin and cocaine on the evening before her death. Everything said at the inquest and the autopsy and blood reports contradicted these stories. Either these stories are nonsense or there has been a conspiracy involving the authorities and I really don't go with the conspiracy option.

It very well could be BS; similar to the a**hole who said he sold her drugs. I was just surprised the media didn't go crazy w/ it.

As for conspiracy theories, you never know. Right now her inquest is considered illegal, so we don't really know the whole truth, or verified truth.

#7 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

As for conspiracy theories, you never know. Right now her inquest is considered illegal, so we don't really know the whole truth, or verified truth.

That's fair enough but, if there was a conspiracy afoot - and you really do have to ask, why on earth would there be? - the authorities would be unlikely to re-heat the matter by suspending the coroner.

Genuine news outlets wouldn't go crazy with a story they adjudged to be a patently, laughably poor fabrication. They don't mind lies so long as they're smart lies with plausible deniability built-in. The press may not go big on moral standards but they do have technical standards aimed at preventing litigation. In the case of the fruitcake who claimed he'd helped her score the drugs, the press sent him to the police. This made it legally safe to print as a police-confirmed allegation. It was fairly clear all along however that he was considered a liar. The police said that they would validate his story one way or another using CCTV. I hope he was prosecuted for, at the very least, wasting police time and money.

Camden Square became a mecca for wack jobs in the days following Amy's death. Camden is after all a wonderfully eccentric neighbourhood and Amy's house was the biggest show in town that long, sunny weekend. Any journo could have gotten any kind of story from a 'neighbour' or 'local resident' had they hung around the square with a notepad and a pocket full of money. The neighbour who heard the screaming didn't even get her cat's name right did he? Maybe she had more than one cat or maybe it had more than one name. Maybe he didn't know Amy very well, or at all. Maybe he didn't live where he said he lived. Maybe his story was 100% the truth in which case, who would or could seek to cover the whole thing up? And why? I think the truth is that her final hours were uneventful. After the doctor's visit, she sat alone in her living quarters, watching TV, listening to music and drinking lots of vodka until at least 2am (when her bodyguard last spoke to her). Then she fell asleep on her bed and later died. Sad and not overly rock 'n' roll.

#8 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh yes, I have read that article before and I don't understand why nobody has picked it up at the time. Someone could have made another few bucks out of that crazy story. I think the story itself has been completely made up from the beginning to the end. That neighbour might not even exist.

If a part of the story is true, why would someone have been screaming? I can think of many reasons. Maybe Amy was so drunk that she was screaming like crazy. Perhaps there was someone else in her house that evening and maybe that's where the strange sounds came from. They also said that they heard her drumming. Maybe Amy just lost it and drummed and yelled as loudly as she could, perhaps she was just having a good time, as usual..

We will never know exactly what happened on the 23rd of July 2011, as it is a private matter and nobody does really know. But we did lose Amy. That in itself is awful enough. I can't get any worse. We've lost our girl. That is also the reason why I don't bother reading that sort of stories or think about it for too long. I am not looking for the reason why she died or how she died or any rumours around it. Amy just drunk too much. That's what the coroner said, even thoguh her inquest is considered illegal, but a high alcohol level is not easily overlooked. The point is, we will never get her back.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#9 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

This is old..I have read somewhere about this guy who pretended heard Amy.. :S

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

I don't think the article is any more than BS; it was just odd and I was wondering if anyone else had read it. As I stated before, I hope (if there was actual screaming) it was fun screaming from playing the drums. It make me feel a little better that she could have been having a blast before she went to bed.

#11 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

I don't think the article is any more than BS; it was just odd and I was wondering if anyone else had read it. As I stated before, I hope (if there was actual screaming) it was fun screaming from playing the drums. It make me feel a little better that she could have been having a blast before she went to bed.

All the evidence suggests that she was happy enough on the night of her death. We know that she was looking forward to attending a big wedding on the Sunday. She'd started drinking again on the Wednesday after weeks of abstinence. That's when she turned up at Dionne's gig at the Camden Roundhouse looking fairly drunk. Later she posed for that final picture with the fan in the street. She looked awful at that point. It's a very disturbing picture. She also tweeted at 3.35am on Thursday: the 'oinka, oikna, oinka' tweet. It was interesting as it was her first tweet in more than five months. Thursday she saw her mum and Reg, looked through old family photographs and talked a lot about what to wear for the forthcoming wedding. Contrary to nonsense reported in some tabloids, her mum said that she appeared positive and happy. Friday she was drinking and was visited by the doctor in the early evening. The doctor evidently spoke to Amy yet again about the dangers of the medicated abstinence - binge drinking cycle. She told the doctor that she didn't know if she would stop drinking but that she didn't want to die. After the doctor left she apparently drank vodka whilst watching TV and listening to music. The bodyguard last spoke to her at 2am and she was heard walking (or possibly stumbling) around in her room for some time after that.

The drums story appears to have been false as it was not mentioned by her bodyguard in his statement to the inquiry. The drugs story and the screaming story were clearly false. The police would have looked closely at these stories, given the certain illegality involved in the first and the possible illegality implied in the second. If they had been true the police would have established as much and they would have been addressed by the police report to the inquiry.

Amy's plans for Saturday appeared to involve spending the evening with Reg (who was working all day and was on his way to see Amy when he took the call informing him of her death) and possibly meeting some american friends who were over for the wedding. This, as I've argued on another thread previously, casts serious doubt on Kristan Marr's story (sold to a tabloid within days of her death) that she planned to leave London to go to the seaside to visit him and take part in his birthday celebrations. Did she send him that text at 3am? We don't know. She may have done but equally, he's a discredited character for various reasons so I wouldn't be too sure.

I think she died peacefully after a quiet night entertaining herself. That's superficial of course. Deeper down, I don't think she was happy at all. Her comments to the doctor suggest that she may finally have decided that she'd had enough of trying to quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users