It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

From the company Trim Acoustics website
http://www.trimacous...o.uk/page7.html

Amy Winehouse, Home Recording Studio - Camden

As part of her house refurbishment a recording studio was built in the basement.

The room was soundproofed using Maxiboard and a stretch fabric absorber system installed to all the walls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I'm going to add this here too. Been looking for this picture for weeks and finally found it again.

The front of the Camden Place house being refurbished in August of 2010

Posted Image
  • JadedHearts likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Amy probably had a blast in there! I love that house, it's pretty.
The only thing that makes me feel weird is the fact that she died there, it's making me sad.
The house number is 30, right? If so, it's a lucky number to me. I live on number 30 myself because of that.

Attached File  148624_1672347689322_1256298028_1771820_3369841_n.jpg   64.26KB   23 downloads

I still wonder what the exact plans for the house will be. I can't imagine, that if I was a relative of Amy, I'd start anything in that house. I think if I'd visit that place I'd cry my eyes out. I am sure I would have to leave. That's why it seems kind of strange to me that there are some plans for this house. Seriously, if I was Mitch - I'd sell it.

Edited by Katausa, 31 March 2012 - 07:16 AM.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, it's a beautiful home, but I've always had this feeling that it was very big, very empty, and very lonely there for Amy.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I still wonder what the exact plans for the house will be. I can't imagine, that if I was a relative of Amy, I'd start anything in that house. I think if I'd visit that place I'd cry my eyes out. I am sure I would have to leave. That's why it seems kind of strange to me that there are some plans for this house. Seriously, if I was Mitch - I'd sell it.

There's been no mention of late of plans for the house has there? The initial notion of using the house as a centre for addicts was unrealistic. It would be unlikely to get licensed for such a use given its location and the likely reaction of the wealthy neighbours to such an idea. I don't think that Mitch had thought things through when he said that stuff.

It's a tricky one really. Had Amy lived in the house for years, I'd see a strong bond between it and the family but that wasn't the case. That said, I can definitely understand them not wanting to sell it. Not only would they lose a connection but they'd also have to weather criticism and see another rash of morbid, dark newspaper / magazine articles inspired by the sale. If they decide to sell, they'd be better waiting. Clearly, financially they can afford to do that. Also, in investment terms, now is a very bad time to sell such a house. Amy got the house at a bargain price at the height of recession. Its value will likely increase 30-50% within ten years. I understand what you say about not feeling that you could be in a house so closely associated with a painful loss but others would see that differently, in the opposite way in fact. If I were Alex Winehouse, I'd maybe want to live in it. It is a beautiful house in a great neighbourhood and the attention of fans and media will fade quickly. I'd want to raise my children in the place and have them sing and play instruments in that studio.

#5 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

It is really weird..cause in base it is a house no a studio..I mine the walls ect.
Like everything you said people :s

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Yes, those houses do have full-sized and fully-fitted basements. They have basement windows with a kind of moat built outside to let in light. They sometimes have a flight of steps down into the moat and an external door at basement level. Georgian houses (like the one I live in - though I live in an apartment, not an entire house) and victorian houses have these as back in the day the servants would work from the basement area. They would need light but also their own entrance / exit door.

#7 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

There's been no mention of late of plans for the house has there? The initial notion of using the house as a centre for addicts was unrealistic. It would be unlikely to get licensed for such a use given its location and the likely reaction of the wealthy neighbours to such an idea. I don't think that Mitch had thought things through when he said that stuff.

It's a tricky one really. Had Amy lived in the house for years, I'd see a strong bond between it and the family but that wasn't the case. That said, I can definitely understand them not wanting to sell it. Not only would they lose a connection but they'd also have to weather criticism and see another rash of morbid, dark newspaper / magazine articles inspired by the sale. If they decide to sell, they'd be better waiting. Clearly, financially they can afford to do that. Also, in investment terms, now is a very bad time to sell such a house. Amy got the house at a bargain price at the height of recession. Its value will likely increase 30-50% within ten years. I understand what you say about not feeling that you could be in a house so closely associated with a painful loss but others would see that differently, in the opposite way in fact. If I were Alex Winehouse, I'd maybe want to live in it. It is a beautiful house in a great neighbourhood and the attention of fans and media will fade quickly. I'd want to raise my children in the place and have them sing and play instruments in that studio.

I agree with you, on some levels. I was referring to the unrealistic plan of using the house as a centre for addicts. It would not work in a neighbourhood like that, where houses are so expensive. Mitchell clearly didn't think things through before he said that, as you mentioned in your post. I do not live in a fancy neighborhood but I can imagine that such a center deters people. I would protest against it if it was in my street. A center likes that does give a neighborhood a bad name, which makes house values go downhill rapidly.

I can't imagine living in that house but that's just my opinion really. I can also see why someone close to Amy would love to live in it. Selling it would be an rather unwise decision, right now. I guess the papers would go crazy about a story like that, because Amy's passing is still a fresh in many peoples memory. There is a chance that if I would stand in Mitch's shoes I would just leave the house empty, which is probably what's happening these days. But in the end I'd sell it. Although that's just my personal opinion, but I do understand what you said.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#8 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I still wonder what the exact plans for the house will be. I can't imagine, that if I was a relative of Amy, I'd start anything in that house. I think if I'd visit that place I'd cry my eyes out. I am sure I would have to leave. That's why it seems kind of strange to me that there are some plans for this house. Seriously, if I was Mitch - I'd sell it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but I hope Mitch doesn't sell it. I think it'd be wonderful to create an Amy Winehouse museum in the house.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#9 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

So we don't know if it will be all the house or a part of it..It's not really clear :S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Beautiful place. It'd be hard selling it, I imagine..

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#11 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I thought Mitch stated it was going to be the headquarters for the foundation. A place for administration, meetings etc. Did those plans change?

#12 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

I thought Mitch stated it was going to be the headquarters for the foundation. A place for administration, meetings etc. Did those plans change?

Yeah I remember this..It's confusing..cause Mitch said himself that will be the administration of the foundation..Iam lost ._.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

So we don't know if it will be all the house or a part of it..It's not really clear :S

Amy owned the entire house but didn't use it all. The bodyguards were based on the ground floor and there was mention that her friend Tyler James possibly lived on one floor. That'd leave Amy with her apartment on the other floor, with recording studio and maybe gym in the basement.

#14 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Amy owned the entire house but didn't use it all. The bodyguards were based on the ground floor and there was mention that her friend Tyler James possibly lived on one floor. That'd leave Amy with her apartment on the other floor, with recording studio and maybe gym in the basement.

Ah ok thanks October Song ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 October Song

October Song

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

[quote name='ladyamy']I still wonder what the exact plans for the house will be. I can't imagine, that if I was a relative of Amy, I'd start anything in that house. I think if I'd visit that place I'd cry my eyes out. I am sure I would have to leave. That's why it seems kind of strange to me that there are some plans for this house. Seriously, if I was Mitch - I'd sell it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but I hope Mitch doesn't sell it. I think it'd be wonderful to create an Amy Winehouse museum in the house.[/QUOTE]

A museum would be weird. Visitors would mainly want to see the room she died in. I doubt the family would go with such an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users