Photo
- - - - -

The Zen of Bennett (Duets II documentary will include discussions with Amy)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

The Zen of Bennett

At 85 years old, Tony Bennett is still regarded as one of the best vocalist in the music industry. As he is one of the last original crooners remaining, he is just about to release his very own documentary.

Created and produced by his son Danny Bennett, who is also his manager, will premiere his father’s documentary at the Tribecca Film Festival on the 18th of April 2012. This will be a behind the scenes look at the latest making of his ‘Duets 2′ album where Danny captured over 150 hours which features Aretha Franklin, Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga and John Mayer.

“My vision was not a ‘making of’,” Danny Bennett told THR. “It really is Tony talking first-person about philosophies about family, art, music and how he has survived 60 years in this business – and no end in sight. And you will see the recording with Amy [Winehouse] and his discussions with her about her troubles.”

Page also has a short video of Tony
http://www.livetradi...nnett-69888.htm
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

What a wonderful idea. I can not wait! :)

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#3 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

Over 150 hours?

I really hope we some funny scenes and outtakes with Amy

#4 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hopefully there is a lot of rare footage with Amy! I would love to see more footage of her with Tony, as she seemed so shy, yet so happy around him! :)

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#5 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ohhh can't wait!!!!! Will this be on DVD????

#6 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

From this article, it will be on Netflix by the summer and released as DVD in the fall...

Tony Bennett Film Eyes Netflix Route

In terms of getting the production out, Bennett said “we are doing an exclusive with Netflix” that fits in with the video streaming firm’s continued push into original content. He added that the film will also premiere at two major film festivals this year, but he didn’t want to share specifics yet. A limited theatrical release is also possible, with a DVD release likely to come in fall.

“We are in the early stages, but I am really into the idea of a broadcast window with Netflix” by the summer, he said. “They are a great partner. They are really forward-thinking. Now they are at the forefront of streaming. Access, access, access. That’s what we want.”

Full story at ...
http://www.hollywood...-netflix-285127
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#7 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thanks ^^

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

150hrs, thats going to be some boxset!, like to see them stack that one on the shelves at HMV :encouragement: seriously though I hope we get to see all the footage of Amy on there, I remember saying on a previous thread how stunning she looked with Tony on the Body and Soul video, and so happy. With Tony having the experience of fighting (and overcoming) his own similar demons, and Amy being a massive fan of his, he could have really helped her had they been able to spend more time together,gutted this couldn't happen.

#9 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Well I didn't like the fact that in the DVD that comes with the CD, there are a few interviews with other artists, but Amy appears about 5 seconds and that's it... And after she died they made her duet the first single, etc... I really want to see this footage, so we'll see how much Amy we'll get!
Posted Image

#10 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Let it not be a commercial tease only! I really hope we'll get more Amy interview/talk/conversations with Tony but as he said : he didn't talk enough with her and he regrets that badly...

#11 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

This just premiered a few nights ago, here's a review, video, and also, another article below about Tony taking Mitch and Gaga's parents out for dinner after the premier ...

Tony Bennett Mourns Amy Winehouse at Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

TRIBECA — The late Amy Winehouse left Tony Bennett more impressed than any musician he'd ever met.

The troubled singer's last recording session was captured by filmmaker Unjoo Moon in “The Zen of Bennett,” a documentary filmed as she joined Bennett to make his most recent album “Duets II,” and screening at the Tribeca Film Festival.

"Jazz is the greatest music to come out of America," Bennett said after the film premiered at the BMCC Theater in Tribeca.
Singer Amy Winehouse's last recording session made the big screen in "The Zen of Bennett" at the Tribeca Film Festival, April 23, 2012. Here she attends Westminster Magistrates Court with her father (l) to face charges of common assault on March 17, 2009 in London, England. (Oli Scarff/Getty Images)

"You can’t go to a university and learn it. And Amy had that gift — she was one of the greatest people I’ve ever met."

He added: "I wish they’d legalize drugs to get it controlled and take care of the problem," referring to Winehouse's well-publicized struggles with substance abuse that led to her death last year.

Fans Robert De Niro, Harry Belafonte and Charlie Matthau turned up to see Bennett on screen with such performers as Winehouse, Natalie Cole, Norah Jones, Michael Buble and Lady Gaga.

As for future duets, one audience member asked Bennett if he would ever work with Britney Spears, and he mischievously replied, "I don’t know what she does."

At 85, he’s still got it.

Did you hear that at the end?!!!! More unreleased Winehouse recordings!!!!!!!

----------------------------------

Bennett dines with Amy Winehouse and Gaga's folks

The parents of Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse dined out with legendary crooner Tony Bennett in New York on Monday night.

The singer invited Cynthia and Joe Germanotta and Mitch Winehouse to dinner after a screening of the documentary The Zen of Bennett - to thank them for parenting the two extraordinary talents, who helped propel his last album Duets II to the top of the charts.

Winehouse agreed with Bennett when he told him, "Amy was a different kettle of fish" from Gaga, admitting his late daughter wasn't a driven individual like the Poker Face hitmaker.

Mitch tells the New York Daily News, "Every now and then, a light would come on in her head, and she would say, 'You know what dad, I've got to write an album.' And she would sit down and, in two weeks straight, there would be an album. In that way, she was a genius, but she certainly wasn't a genius in terms of being driven."

http://web.orange.co...nd_gaga_s_folks

Edited by Uno, 26 April 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#12 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully they will throw some $$ from the sales of the DVD/ Netflix deal to the AWF. I would def. buy the dvd if I knew even a small portion of the profits were going to Amy's cause.

I am very excited to see more footage from the B&S sessions:)

#13 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

WOw,if I understood well, Mitch is ok with this?I'am not sur..(if I understood well) :S

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

More unreleased songs! OMG

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#15 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thank you, [MENTION=2280]Uno[/MENTION]! I was just about to post that video myself! I really hope there are more unreleased songs that will be released soon. :)

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users