Photo
- - - - -

The Zen of Bennett (Duets II documentary will include discussions with Amy)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 AvaInBirdland

AvaInBirdland

Long live the Lioness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

More unreleased songs! OMG

I'm so hoping that it's true!

#17 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

TRIBECA — The late Amy Winehouse left Tony Bennett more impressed than any musician he'd ever met.
"You can’t go to a university and learn it. And Amy had that gift — she was one of the greatest people I’ve ever met."

There WAS something great about Amy. It wasn't just the music. It was great musical talent coupled with a great, iconic person, all in one integrated package. That's why she had such a big effect. Just wish Tony had talked to her more.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#18 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Any updates 'bout the film? When it's going to be available?
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#19 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

In the end of the video, you can watch unheard parts of Body & Soul vocals by Amy.. http://music-mix.ew....-amy-winehouse/
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#20 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

^1:38
Wow, I think she sounds like Dinah in that clip... is that a different take?

Can anyone read Tony's expression in the beginning after she sings a bit?

Amy doesn't look pleased with herself... damn girl... I want to give her a hug.

Edited by allisost, 23 October 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#21 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Good to hear more takes of some of the phrases, they might not have been perfect but it's amazing to hear new clips of Amy doing what she does best.

#22 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm so torn about this.. i'm exstatic because my favourite "period" of Amy's life was 2009-2011 and I'm always so happy when I see something new about her from that time.. especially when it's a professional video. She looks so perfect! But I'm torn because you can undeniably hear the damage to her voice and you can see in her eyes the frustration of not being able to do what she used to be able to do "don't be mad at me, cause you're pushing 30 and your old tricks no longer work" It's amazing hearing new audio too, fantastic and exciting even if it is just a slightly different and less refined version of the song

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#23 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I love that it's imperfect... they must have fixed her though, huh? Her voice doesn't match on the part of the video (the end) that was released.
Yeah, it breaks my heart that she was struggling with her voice... it makes me realize she would have probably always been down on herself about this.
It's amazing she came through like she did though, I'll always be proud of her.

Edit: I'm wrong about the audio at the end, they are the same

Edited by allisost, 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#24 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I love that it's imperfect... they must have fixed her though, huh? Her voice doesn't match on the part of the video (the end) that was released.
Yeah, it breaks my heart that she was struggling with her voice... it makes me realize she would have probably always been down on herself about this.
It's amazing she came through like she did though, I'll always be proud of her.

I think that they mixed and matched.. I always thought the video seemed very 'cut and pasted' .. similar with the music video.. it's like they took the best parts of the clips and the more 'smooth' vocal clips and sewed them together. I think they just used the same ending clip, but with a different voice clip.. if that makes sense? I think it's easy to see here why she got so aggrevated in Brazil.. maybe also why she wasn't on top form in Dubai too (and god forbid why she drank before belgrade, even though it would make sense)

we wait for the blow

#25 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I think that they mixed and matched.. I always thought the video seemed very 'cut and pasted' .. similar with the music video.. it's like they took the best parts of the clips and the more 'smooth' vocal clips and sewed them together. I think they just used the same ending clip, but with a different voice clip.. if that makes sense? I think it's easy to see here why she got so aggrevated in Brazil.. maybe also why she wasn't on top form in Dubai too (and god forbid why she drank before belgrade, even though it would make sense)

Yeah, I was thinking that too after seeing it.. before I thought it was a straight take (because I'm a dummy). The truth is she could never be on top form again, at least not vocally but as always it's her rawness, emotion that touches me.
Aw you changed your avatar to that moment that made me sad...haha

#26 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that too after seeing it.. before I thought it was a straight take (because I'm a dummy). The truth is she could never be on top form again, at least not vocally but as always it's her rawness, emotion that touches me. Aw you changed your avatar to that moment that made me sad...haha

I thought that too when I first saw it, ha. I think the give away in the video was how half of the clips, she had her fringe/bangs on one side of her face and then the other half on the other side (and not in the same order). It's sad but it's true about her voice.. I mean it's still fantastic in comparison to many musicians, but I think despite the damage it made her voice richer, more sultry and mature i think.. just maybe not what she wanted it to be (I still don't understand how it got to that point.. considering it still sounded 'Amy' when she was at her worst, was it the cigarettes, maybe?). yeah i thought that was the most emotional part of the little clip.. i like how almost half of it was dedicated to Amy though

we wait for the blow

#27 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

^I noticed the bang change and I thought they were flipping the image for some unknown reason... just weird.
I'm sure heavy smoking will do that. I wonder if that was also the case for the difference between Frank and Back to Black or if that was just her voice naturally maturing..
Most days I rather listen to Amy's changed voice than Adele's :-\

#28 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I agree, but have you seen this? I only just saw it yesterday and it made me cry aw haha

we wait for the blow

#29 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think her voice change was probably down to a combination of maturation, drug damage and just being generally out of practise of regularly singing. It's not a very good comparison but I didn't sing properly regularly for about a year because I was having throat problems and when I started again I'd lost a lot of my top and bottom range and was generally really rusty and having difficulties where I'd previously and now have ease. She didn't have many formal gigs and she probably wasn't seeing a vocal coach from 2008 onwards so I'm guessing the only time her voice got practise in the last 3 years was just singing at home so she may have gotten "out of shape" so to speak.

#30 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I agree, but have you seen this? I only just saw it yesterday and it made me cry aw haha

Yep, saw that a while ago when everything was still fresh and I just poured... that's one of my favorite songs she's done, really good version. But she doesn't make me FEEL like Amy does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users