Photo
- - - - -

Debate # 3 - In your opinion, which is the most real person that surrounded Amy?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Oh yeah, it's not easy to have someone in your family that's addicted to any substance at all, really. Wether it's alcohol or drugs, it splits up a family. I can relate to Mitch and Janis, even though I have never been a parent. I can't imagine what it is like, to feel that immense 'love' for a child. But I know that it that love is strong, and it will last, no matter what happens to the child. As some said before, I don't hate Mitch. I do respect him, and the choices he has made. Parents do make mistakes sometimes, but I think Mitch has used all the tools he could get his hands on, even though it simply wasn't enough to get Amy on the right track. It was her own decision to start and continue abuse certain substances after all. Maybe the book will change my thoughts about him, but I surely hope it does not. I really hope for a decent book that doesn't go into all the details that Amy would be ashamed of.

I'm sure Mitch will be careful of what he has printed. He wouldn't want to tarnish his daughter's reputation. I'm sure he'll be very careful about what is put into this book.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#17 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Her parents had her best interests at heart, loved her and were always there for her. They may have not got everything right but they tried their best.

Exactly :D

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hope. I think sometimes he said to much to journalists so I can not really comment on this book. Perhaps now, as she died, he will pay more attention.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#19 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Mitch & Janis...I cannot for the life of me imagine what it must be like to see your own child go through what Amy went through: the drugs and drinking, the emotional turmoil, the harassment by the public, and then on top of that, her death - all by the time she was only 27. Children don't come with an instructional manual. It could not have been a walk in the park for her family to see their Amy in the state she was. I remember reading somewhere once that Janis asked Amy where she would like to be buried (or something to that affect) out of sheer desperation for Amy's life. People criticize her parents for not getting her off drugs, but I think that is so wrong. Her parents tried to get her into rehab countless times and at a certain point, it is all up to the individual to seek help. I don't believe for a minute that Amy's parents ever sold her out or exploited her case. I think they did the best they could do with what they had.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#20 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Her parents had her best interests at heart, loved her and were always there for her. They may have not got everything right but they tried their best.

100% agree. Her parents would give all the money and the fame that she had back if they could have their daughter back.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Mitch & Janis...I cannot for the life of me imagine what it must be like to see your own child go through what Amy went through: the drugs and drinking, the emotional turmoil, the harassment by the public, and then on top of that, her death - all by the time she was only 27. Children don't come with an instructional manual. It could not have been a walk in the park for her family to see their Amy in the state she was. I remember reading somewhere once that Janis asked Amy where she would like to be buried (or something to that affect) out of sheer desperation for Amy's life. People criticize her parents for not getting her off drugs, but I think that is so wrong. Her parents tried to get her into rehab countless times and at a certain point, it is all up to the individual to seek help. I don't believe for a minute that Amy's parents ever sold her out or exploited her case. I think they did the best they could do with what they had.

I agree 100%. It easy to judge when you are not in that situation. Her Dad said he took her to rehab 8 times. What else could he have done? So sad.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Hope. I think sometimes he said to much to journalists so I can not really comment on this book. Perhaps now, as she died, he will pay more attention.

Maybe he did speak to much to journalists but there is no book on how to handle the media. He did what he thought was best at the time.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Maybe he did speak too much to journalists but there is no book on how to handle the media. He did what he thought was best at the time.

#21 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Maybe he did speak to much to journalists but there is no book on how to handle the media. He did what he thought was best at the time.

That's why I don't hate him ;)

Posted Image

#22 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I will always defend her parents as to outlive your child is one of the worse things that can happen to a person.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

That's why I don't hate him ;)

He a good guy x

#23 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

I understand. I agree with you.

Posted Image

#24 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

I would say Mitch. Of course Janis also stood behind her and Amy loved her mother but the bond between Amy and Mitch was much bigger i would say. I'm not saying that she loved Mitch more than Janis, but as i said the connection between her and Mitch was stronger & bigger. Mitch & Janis did the best thing they could but as Mark Ronson said, if an addicted Person won't accept any help, there is nothing you can do.

Her Mum is ill so i think that she couldnt just pop round to see amy as much as mitch did. i think that affected their relationship.

#25 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

It's exactly that :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Janis has also confessed to be stay away, not of Amy, but the situation. She preferred to stay away and wait until her daughter comes to her for help, rather than push her to do. Is this a good thing? Again, she did her best with what she thought right.

Posted Image

#27 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Apart from her family I'd say Juliette and Blake Wood. They both seem like they were really good friends to Amy.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users