Photo
- - - - -

Debate # 19 - As a mother, would you left Dionne alone with Amy?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hello everyone,

The title says it well, we'll talk about Dionne in this debate. I put the link of the debate of yesterday, more positive than normal. ^^

http://www.amywineho...ack-(Only-voice)

Debate number nineteen

As a mother, would you left Dionne alone with Amy?

Dionne has often been portrayed by the media as being the babysitter for Amy Winehouse during some evenings. If you were the mother of Dionne, would you let her go out with Amy, known for her drugs problems? Would you have let go this girl in the music world so young? After all, Amy took crack.
Even is she was famous that doesn't change the facts. What do you think?

Posted Image

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#2 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think the best person to have judged this was Dionnes mum and it was OK for her then so be it.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#3 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I don't see Amy drinking or doing drugs in front of children really. So - YES.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#4 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I don't see Amy drinking or doing drugs in front of children really. So - YES.

yeah I agree I think the mother of Dionne trust Amy,so I don't think that should be a problem :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

yeah I agree I think the mother of Dionne trust Amy,so I don't think that should be a problem :P

Yes, and I think Amy has done some wonders for Dionne by introducing her to the music world.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#6 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

I absolutely would let Dionne around her. I believe Amy was mature enough to keep drugs away from children - especially Dionne.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#7 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

You know, like Amy was older than Dionne, she was a mother figure for her. It's often said that having a bad parents is harmful. But I know friends of mine who have parents who use drugs, and that is the opposite happens. Amy has made enough mistakes herself, in order to tell truly, about the wrong side of the drug.

In fact, Amy has already told Dionne to not trust anyone and especially to never touch drugs. I think despite her condition, Amy has really teached Dionne not to repeat her mistakes and inevitably, Dionne had no choice but to trust Amy about it since she saw the damage on her.

A parent who has never taken drugs, it's great. But how can a child believe what his mother said about the subject of drugs, if she doesn't know herself? I'm not saying that parents should not warn their children simply because they have never taken drugs, but it is easier to believe someone who has had the experience.

I think Amy knew the difference between adult age and that of Dionne. I don't believe that Amy have told her grownups problems to her goddaughter. Why? Well once, Dionne wrote something unpleasant about Blake on her Facebook. (In 2010, when Amy and Blake have started going out together again) Amy responded to Dionne to stay outside the stories of adults and even added that at this late hour, Dionne should be in bed. Which leads me to believe, that Amy treated Dionne like a child and not as a friend to go out with.

Obviously, there are few evenings that shouldn't happened. I know that once in 2008 (we know that Amy was at her lowest) Amy led Dionne in a bar. It was perhaps not very appropriate but I don't believe that Amy had taking drugs in front of her. Has she ever been high with Dionne, probably yes. But an addict (this type) is never sober. This is not a reason to isolate them. I think the relationship Amy / Dionne is an excellent example of Amy who always took care of others more than herself. If I was the mother of Dionne, of course, I checked the status of Amy before letting totally my daughter with Winehouse (even if it's just a phone call) but I wouldn't have prevented my daughter to see Amy, in general.

It may be silly to say, but Amy was taking so many drugs, that sometimes, some doses (for Amy) was not as bad as if someone who never took anything, take the same. So there are certain drugs, or certain dosages, that did not prevent Amy from functioning normally, as she developed a habit.

So even though I would not let my daughter with someone who took two lines of coke, for example, with Amy it would be different because two lines for Amy, it was probably not enough to make her lose her mind. You know what I mean ?

Posted Image

#8 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Who is Dionne's mother ?? anybody know ???
I think it was probably good for her to learn what the business and drugs can do to someone ..since she is now an artist herself BUT
I thought it was sad when i heard Amy say Dionne was her best friend. She was to young to be her best friend
what besides the music could they talk about ? men? no to young . sex? no to young , life? no she couldnt have that yet
I think she took her under her wing , somebody to teach, nuture love, ..Just like a mother would do.
she seemed to really want to be a mom and at least with Dionne she got a little sister ...

#9 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Who is Dionne's mother ?? anybody know ???
I think it was probably good for her to learn what the business and drugs can do to someone ..since she is now an artist herself BUT
I thought it was sad when i heard Amy say Dionne was her best friend. She was to young to be her best friend
what besides the music could they talk about ? men? no to young . sex? no to young , life? no she couldnt have that yet
I think she took her under her wing , somebody to teach, nuture love, ..Just like a mother would do.
she seemed to really want to be a mom and at least with Dionne she got a little sister ...

Well said ! Look in this video, I think the driver is the mother of Dionne. She's also on this photo and another video (when Amy was Blond) I've seen a picture where this same girl is at Dionne's birthday but I can't find it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

does anyone have a screen grab of what dionne wrote then amy replied her fb back in 2010, please?

#11 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Sorry I don't have it ! :(

Posted Image

#12 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Sorry I don't have it ! :(

no worries - i just wanted to see what was actually written.

#13 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

OK :)

Posted Image

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

This should help:

http://www.dailyreco...86908-21915671/
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#15 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users