12 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Before she died last July at the tender age of 27, Amy Winehouse was well on her way to being The Illustrated Woman, with a series of provocative tattoos that were usually highly visible to the public, thanks to her preference for tank tops, bras, and low-cut shorts. She never got a chance to write a memoir, but a lot of her life story is right there in ink—the romantic obsessions, the familial sweetness, the aspirations, the sauciness. Here's a look back at what Winehouse had to tell us through her body art:

I didn't copy and paste it all, there's alot of photos and descriptions

More here ...
http://ca.music.yaho...-003924783.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

I liked reading their descriptions of her tattoos. :) I never noticed that Amy drew a bra on her pin up girl during the Grammy performance. Haha.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#3 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

It's so annoying how much they got wrong though! The dove on her neck was a temporary, the eagle on her back was done well before 2008, and she never had a 007 tattoo!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, who did the shitty research on her tattoos? It's not that hard to find pics of her to know what she has. Ridiculous. The one on her back was probably one of her first ones... I think the betty boop one on her lower back was the 1st?

#5 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, I think Betty Boop was the first. And I think she had the one on her back during the Frank era because I seem to remember a beautiful picture from that time of her putting makeup on in front of a mirror and you can see it. But come on, she never had the 007! Why would she? All they had to do was look at the pictures of her from 2011 to see she didn't have that or the dove!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 atlgafan4life

atlgafan4life

I'm not a one trick pony

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

I thought Amy decided to not record a song for Quantum Of Solace because she was under the impression that she was going to have some say in the writing of the song. Amy did not like their idea and decided not to do the theme song. I never saw 007 on her arm.
http://movies.ndtv.c...usic&nid=155155
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bigger,Bigger,Bigger

#7 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I liked reading their descriptions of her tattoos. :) I never noticed that Amy drew a bra on her pin up girl during the Grammy performance. Haha.

Go see it for yourself Liam . Look carfully for the video on Youtube . Play it again if you mis it , you can see it only in a couple of flashes . This is the reason i have the same tattoo , by accident just placed on the date of her 28e birthday . I took this tattoo yust for drawing the bra on it and wipe it off many times for fun . :-)

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

It's so annoying how much they got wrong though! The dove on her neck was a temporary, the eagle on her back was done well before 2008, and she never had a 007 tattoo!

Thanks , exactly MY opinion !

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Yeah, who did the shitty research on her tattoos? It's not that hard to find pics of her to know what she has. Ridiculous. The one on her back was probably one of her first ones... I think the betty boop one on her lower back was the 1st?

Also thru Allisost . Long before 2008 she had the eagle/ankh on the back and also the plumefeather on the left arm and the thunderflash on the richt arm . :-)

#8 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Wow. Badly researched or what?

#9 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

007, the dove... seriously?

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#10 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

007, the dove... seriously?

Definately NOT Katausa ! :-)

#11 Mr.bboy

Mr.bboy

Mr.Bboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

they could of at least done some real research on her,and the comments people are leaving on this yahoo article are truly disgusting. Some people are just so heartless

#12 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

they could of at least done some real research on her,and the comments people are leaving on this yahoo article are truly disgusting. Some people are just so heartless

I noticed the comments as well. I just laugh them off at this point. Human ignorance and heartlessness never fails to amaze me.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

The Yahoo comments are just another reason that the Internet is a terrible tool as well as a great one.
You can get information. But if there is a comment section, you'll have a bunch of 8-year-old keyboard warriors that think it is funny to "troll" and get a rise out of people. It just goes to show how unproductive some kids are. They would much rather try to make somebody angry over the Internet than do something productive with their life.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#13 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I didn't even bother reading this, I can't stand baddly researched journalism...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users