15 replies to this topic

#1 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Here is a documentary (which includes Amy) about a problem that people do not take seriously enough, in my opinion. Top 10 celebrities who are the thinnest. Amy is #4 - part 3!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQUpiTor0Q

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuW9I7XTxO4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

part 5 - final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnEb2GLXBy4&feature=relmfu

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I hate how that woman is talking about a "proper" woman being curvy... by nature, I'm not curvy, should I feel bad now? I mean, really. I also think Amy at a normal weight would not be very curvy either.
Isn't it true tabloids will photoshop people to make them appear skinnier than they are?

#3 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

I hate how that woman is talking about a "proper" woman being curvy... by nature, I'm not curvy, should I feel bad now? I mean, really. I also think Amy at a normal weight would not be very curvy either.
Isn't it true tabloids will photoshop people to make them appear skinnier than they are?

Unfortunately, this is the truth. Obviously, the media don't exaggerate when they do modifications and some celebrities are really in danger but they often retouch photos. (They did it with the legs of Kate Winslet and she was very frustrated) Amy also said that they had done the same with her.

The only point where I do not agree with you is when you say that Amy would not be curvy anyway. This is wrong and it's easy to prove in photos. (2004 - 2005)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See, normally a person who is naturally thin don't look sick. It's a matter of bones. Someone who has strong bones (and there is no doubt that this is the case of Amy) becomes less attractive in losing too much weight. And it's at this point that the skin ages prematurely and bones become visible. As in this photo.

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Another example more realistic. Normally, at this age children don't yet have problems regarding their weight (too fat or too thin) and it is clear that Amy is a bit plump. So it is since her birth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

I think it's how you perceive the photos because I don't think that before pic is curvy (and I guess that goes against popular opinion), she's just wearing something body hugging. She had no ass, skinny legs, perhaps she was full in the boobs, but... she was just top heavy. Curvy to me is having hips, an ass, and larger thighs (along with a smaller waist in proportion) which she did not. The reason her legs look SO thin is because she didn't carry her weight there so losing weight exacerbated this.
Do you mean she had a larger frame? or I guess what people call "big boned." If the stats on the video are right that would make her about 5'2, which I think is right, but I don't know if we can glean anything from that about her frame .
She was also very full in the face, but I associate that with her youth (baby fat maybe) and she would have thinned out in the face regardless of dropping weight.

P.S. I am naturally thin and I look sick LOL (especially in my legs!)

#5 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

I think it's how you perceive the photos because I don't think that before pic is curvy (and I guess that goes against popular opinion), she's just wearing something body hugging. She had no ass, skinny legs, perhaps she was full in the boobs, but... she was just top heavy. Curvy to me is having hips, an ass, and larger thighs (along with a smaller waist in proportion) which she did not. The reason her legs look SO thin is because she didn't carry her weight there so losing weight exacerbated this.
Do you mean she had a larger frame? or I guess what people call "big boned." If the stats on the video are right that would make her about 5'2, which I think is right, but I don't know if we can glean anything from that about her frame .
She was also very full in the face, but I associate that with her youth (baby fat maybe) and she would have thinned out in the face regardless of dropping weight.

P.S. I am naturally thin and I look sick LOL (especially in my legs!)

Indeed, this is what I meant. I guess it's a matter of perception. I don't think Amy was fat, but she was not skinny. She was thin - in a good way. Strangely, no I'm not crazy and I know what it means - but I like skinny women. In my case, I'm too skinny according to my relapses (I'm not anorexic or bulimic, just to say) and when I'm better, I resumed my weight and become slim rather than skinny.
I believe that every woman is beautiful. No matter the weight. I'm glad not to be overweight but women who are, are not less nice or less pretty.

And about you, you are as you are. I hope you are not complexed by your weight. A lot of women would kill to lose weight, even if it means to look sick. I wonder if I'm not one of them. (Yes I know, I am one of the women who think too much about what they look physically)

Posted Image

#6 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

Pretty much all that. Hearing 'real women should...' makes my blood boil.
I think she looked a lot better and more attractive when she lost weight - but I don't think it has so much to do with weight - she just seemed to find a more suitable style and looked more comfortable with herself.
@Winehouse8327 about her bones, her upper leg looked so strange sometimes - like when her muscle was flexed it was bizarrely visible. Like on that picture with the boys behind her. And the oversized shorts made her look more skeletal than she was. That comparison picture is so overused though (nothing to do with you, but so many articles running with it like it was the only photo in existance is annoying) - she looks bigger than she is in the first one when in reality it wasn't THAT much of a difference. The make up and hair in the second one make her face look really sunken in when it wasn't at the time, and her legs were always pretty thin imo, for example:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

They are skinnier in the second one but they weren't fat to begin with.

Edited by Elsie, 06 September 2012 - 10:34 AM.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#7 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

@Elsie : Well maybe that ''curvy'' was the wrong word because the way you just explain it to me seems quite logical. What I wanted to say is that Amy is not naturally skeletal. In 2004 she was thin (I think it was her healthy weight - though, oddly, I prefer her body in 2007) but she wasn't skinny. I may have misunderstood @allisost. I thought she said that Amy had the weight she should normally have in 2007, but it's clear that if Amy had not had so many problems (drugs and bulimia) she would probably have remained the weight she had back in 2004. I'm not sure that what I just explained is clear haha. I have not slept very well last night, I'm a little lost.

Posted Image

#8 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

@Elsie : Well maybe that ''curvy'' was the wrong word because the way you just explain it to me seems quite logical. What I wanted to say is that Amy is not naturally skeletal. In 2004 she was thin (I think it was her healthy weight - though, oddly, I prefer her body in 2007) but she wasn't skinny. I may have misunderstood @allisost. I thought she said that Amy had the weight she should normally have in 2007, but it's clear that if Amy had not had so many problems (drugs and bulimia) she would probably have remained the weight she had back in 2004. I'm not sure that what I just explained is clear haha. I have not slept very well last night, I'm a little lost.

Oh I get it. Yes, I think it just people using curvy in different ways :D When someone says 'curvy' I think hourglass figure, not a few extra pounds. It's just the shape of the body I think of, not the weight, I guess.

#9 Amaliamy

Amaliamy

amalia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I believe that Amy was amazing anyway!The problem was that because of the drugs her body became thin and so so so unhealthy!She was always thin but in my opinion the skeleton figure wasn't normal at all!After 2008 she changed very much!F**ing drugs :(:(:( I miss her!

Everything happens for a reason....

#10 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

about her bones, her upper leg looked so strange sometimes - like when her muscle was flexed it was bizarrely visible.

I believe that's a calf muscle.. I think it's sexy haha. What do you think about her having a large frame? I don't think she was petite, but I don't think she was large? I'm also thinking her mom has MS and that's associated with smaller frames..
And I don't think her body necessarily looked better in 2007 because she was sooo thin during her porchester hall performance. But I think her face was more attractive thinned out because she had those gorgeous cheekbones.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

What I wanted to say is that Amy is not naturally skeletal. In 2004 she was thin (I think it was her healthy weight - though, oddly, I prefer her body in 2007) but she wasn't skinny. I may have misunderstood @allisost. I thought she said that Amy had the weight she should normally have in 2007, but it's clear that if Amy had not had so many problems (drugs and bulimia) she would probably have remained the weight she had back in 2004. I'm not sure that what I just explained is clear haha. I have not slept very well last night, I'm a little lost.

I've heard her say that when she stopped smoking weed, her eating habits were more regular, and she lost weight. I don't know if that's true or not.
Everyone called her curvier, but I guess we're saying that's a bit exaggerated... she definitely is heavier, but the word curvy isn't accurate.
It's hard to say how her weight would have fluctuated if she didn't abuse her body how she did. But I'm sure with fame she would have wanted to tone up and drop a few anyway. Drug/alcohol addictions seem to create eating disorders, but I don't know how long she had a full-fledged one as in she had a body/control obsession... I wish she was here to shed some light on these issues, she could have helped a lot of women. She was really so strong.
Thin vs skinny.. I understand the differentiation... I just always use skinny... I think she leaned more toward being "thin" than chubby, but who really can know.

#11 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

I believe that's a calf muscle.. I think it's sexy haha. What do you think about her having a large frame? I don't think she was petite, but I don't think she was large? I'm also thinking her mom has MS and that's associated with smaller frames..
And I don't think her body necessarily looked better in 2007 because she was sooo thin during her porchester hall performance. But I think her face was more attractive thinned out because she had those gorgeous cheekbones.

Upper leg though? I mean the muscle on her femur, it's very distinctive in that pic where she's eating gummy worms.
I never said she had a large body frame, what do you mean? She was the tiniest little thing :D

#12 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Upper leg though? I mean the muscle on her femur, it's very distinctive in that pic where she's eating gummy worms.
I never said she had a large body frame, what do you mean? She was the tiniest little thing :D

I'm not saying you did, I was asking you!! So obviously you think she was smaller framed... I think this topic came up because she doesn't look as petite in her early days.

Oh yeah upper leg, that's not normal. I've got to say though I have very skinny legs, and it wouldn't be hard for that muscle to appear for me..

#13 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Amy always had chicken legs, even when she was fuller, and the girl never had much of an arse...In 2004 she was a little top-heavy, her arms were'nt very toned. But I would never call her fat, unlike the press did, that's ruining our body images! If that's fat, then no wonder poor girls abuse their bodies...
You mentioned oversized shorts. Saddly I think they were normal size, that's why her weight loss is so shocking in those photos.

I liked AMy's body in 2006, occasionally in 2007, not so much because she was thinner but because she had a great style, like you mentioned, she looked like she owned herslef, if that makes any sense.

I think her comment about losing weight because she no longer smoked weed was a half truth: yes, when you smoke weed you have the munchies all the time and tend to eat junk food, and you don't have much energy to do anything like drag yourself down to the gym. But that comment durign that interview was pure manipulation on her behalf, because she clearly had an eating dissorder on top of that and she was trying to brush it aside, like so many celebrities who say "oh no, I eat loads, don't worry, it's just because I have a busy schedule". Bullshit! Those are dangerous comments ofr young impressionable girls!

#14 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

^I always thought it was more of a metabolism thing... like if you don't eat regularly, you smoke all day and then basically eat a lot, you're going to gain weight.
I'd probably deny it too if I had an eating disorder... it's not something someone usually admits until they're over it. It just sucks to be in the public eye, period. We need to leave people alone and stop accusing them of having conditions they may or may not have. What's bothering me most now is the media talking about Jessica Simpson not losing her baby weight... REALLY?! That's someone who has never sided on thin.
Anyway, as honest as Amy was, she protected herself with certain things like saying she didn't care what people think blah blah.

#15 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

you're right, not eating regular meals also makes you gain weight (or makes it difficult to shed)...but when she announced that, I'm pretty sure she wasn't eating 3 meals a day. She started going religiously to the gym, and I think it was more about staying thin than having a "healthy" lifestyle.
I understand that people don't want to talk about eating disorders in public, it's very private, and it's not a nice thing to go through, I just get angry because celebrities, even if they don't want to be role models, have such an influence on little girls (and boys). I know they're just trying to brush off journalists comments, probably thinking "don't ask me about my anorexia you nosy shit", but it's irresponsible to make it appear as if nothing is wrong with weighing 98 pounds... that's all, rant over :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users