5 replies to this topic

#1 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Would anybody be so kind to clarify, why on all lyrics websites we can see "I can GET mine and you GET yours"? As for me, I can hear "I can GIVE mine and you GIVE yours" very distincly. Moreover, it's kinda logical! Moreover, in her nature was "to give" rather than "to get". So, why we can see "I can GET mine" just everywhere?

Am I deaf? Is there really "to GET"?

V.Melnyk

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm pretty sure it's "get" because she's talking about getting her weed and she's pretty greedy about it (haha) but she does say it kind of like "git" and I heard somewhere it's referencing a jazz song but I can't remember which one...

Edited by allisost, 11 September 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#3 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

OK! Maybe it seems to me that Amy means "OK, I can share my weed, but only if you aren't ar$ehole and intend to share yours", that's because I hear "I can give" instead of "I can get".

Just curious, is it appropriate to share weed with pals in English 420 culture? And in American? In Ukraine and Russia it's strongly recommended to share your weed with people. We believe that if we share our weed, Jah will give us more wonders. Is it the custom in your other lands? :-)

V.Melnyk

#4 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Moreover, in her nature was "to give" rather than "to get".

Not when it comes to sharing drugs with random strangers, apparently :P That's kind of the whole moral of the song, hehe

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#5 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I would say sharing is part of the culture, it's just that in a group of people you always end up with the one person who smokes loads but never brings their own shit, and it becomes a habit.

#6 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

Yeah this song is about a freeloader - her friend's boyfriend, who is a tag along. He comes over, smokes all her weed and doesn't contribute. It's especially hard when you don't have much money and you spend a good portion on weed to see you through till next pay day, then some arsehole comes and sponges off you and NEVER puts their hand in their pocket. I hate those people! >:-(;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users