133 replies to this topic

#16 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Just pre-ordered mine... will be with me on October 15th - wooooop - not too long to wait!

http://www.amazon.co...48237983&sr=8-1
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just pre-ordered mine... will be with me on October 15th - wooooop - not too long to wait!

http://www.amazon.co...48237983&sr=8-1

Yeah, just noticed they brought the date forward by nearly a month. I was gonna give it to my mum to give me and wait til Christmas for it but I don't think I will now. :P

#18 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Wow, Just Friends & Love is a Losing Game from 2009? I M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THOSE PERFORMANCES AND IF ITS A LIE (LIKE THE "LIKE SMOKE" OR "CHERRY WINE" THING) I WILL SCREAM
Amy flies in paradise

#19 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I am going to go order right now too! Thanks!
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#20 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I think it's still November... I don't know why Amazon says October...

#21 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Cant wait.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think it's still November... I don't know why Amazon says October...

I've just read on Amy's Tumblr that it will be out on 12th November 2012, that is what they said in the video. I don't know what to think, I really hope it's October, but I'm afraid we'll have to wait until November.
By the way, do you think the performances of Just Friends and Love Is A Losing Game are from 2009? I've never heard she performed with Jools Holland that year. I think they're both from 2006. Maybe the performance of Love Is A Losing Game is that where Jools plays the piano and the Just Friends one is from the gig with the BBC Big Band at the Stables. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#23 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I've just read on Amy's Tumblr that it will be out on 12th November 2012, that is what they said in the video. I don't know what to think, I really hope it's October, but I'm afraid we'll have to wait until November.
By the way, do you think the performances of Just Friends and Love Is A Losing Game are from 2009? I've never heard she performed with Jools Holland that year. I think they're both from 2006. Maybe the performance of Love Is A Losing Game is that where Jools plays the piano and the Just Friends one is from the gig with the BBC Big Band at the Stables. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Yeah, I don't know about 2009. But I don't think they would mess up on the year like that either. I thought the Stables was only before back to black? But the 2009 performances are on the CD so does that just mean they are only audio? Can you play DVDs as just audio? I wish I knew something about this stuff...haha

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I also hope they include the nice Irish lady from Dingle describing Amy arriving with her spindly legs and mad hair. Still makes me laugh.

Haha I think she said "mental hair" which is even better... am I wrong?

#24 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Disc2: 7. Just Friends (Big Band Special 2009), this was aired on BBC's Clare Teal Big Band Special show in 2009 and I'm thinking you're right, that this is one of the three songs that Amy sang at The Stables in November 2006 with BBC Big Band conducted by Bary Forgie.

As for Disc2: 8. Love Is A Losing Game (Jools Holland 2009), it could possibly be what Jools mentioned in this article about a song they recorded ...
http://www.dailymail... /><br /><br />

Edited by Uno, 22 September 2012 - 06:23 AM.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#25 adz11

adz11

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Wish the discs were blu ray, but anyway I pre-ordered on amazon.

#26 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I dont know about this pre order think,
I'm a little suspicious,I had to wait 2 weeks and the half to get mitch book,anyway;I guess I'am going to pre-order too :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Pre-order on Amazon is good AJH... I ordered LHT an Mitch's book and got them the day they were released... Amazon is still saying i will get the BBC box set on the 15th Oct, so fingers crossed! CAN'T WAIT!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Haha I think she said "mental hair" which is even better... am I wrong?

No! ... You are exactly right, I marvelled at the programme again last night.

"Little spindly legs and mental hair," was indeed her exact words. Made me laugh so much.

Dingle was really fabulous and Amy's interview so funny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#29 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm not really sure if i should order the Box, because first of all - like the others said. The Videos from Disc I were uploaded on YouTube in the past 3-4 years, the Porcester Hall Gig is also included as Bonus Footage on the I Told You I Was Trouble BluRay & the Dingle Concert is also available everywhere.
The only thing worth buying would be the because of the Live Songs on Disc 2 (Audio).
I hope that they'll sell it as a MP3, if not then i'll probably put the Box on my Christmas Wishlist, but i won't be buying it.

I'd rather have a DVD of a recorded Live Show (Brazil) or a new CD with unreleased Songs or at least Demo Versions but this? No, sorry.
Amy flies in paradise

#30 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Pre-order on Amazon is good AJH... I ordered LHT an Mitch's book and got them the day they were released... Amazon is still saying i will get the BBC box set on the 15th Oct, so fingers crossed! CAN'T WAIT!

That's why,the saying it is in this date in octomber ;..

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

but not sur,if you get that date

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users