10 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've seen the Youtube videos of when she went up on stage and sang with him at Jazz After Dark in 2010, but never heard about the short whirlwind romance that supposedly followed that night. There are two articles here ... In the first one, he talks about meeting her and in the second he talks about the romance and that they kept in touch up until her death.

This first one was translated from Portuguese to English, so some words are a little bit strange ...

Meet the Brazilian who sang with Amy Winehouse (From R7 Entertainment)
The Lamprey musician Rodrigo speaks to R7 about meeting with singer

Amy Winehouse is one of the hottest stars in pop music. Imagine the importance of singing with her today. For a Brazilian managed this feat. His name is Rodrigo Lamprey, and rolled meeting last Thursday (3) at the venue Jazz After Dark, jazz club located in London.

In an interview with R7, by e-mail, he talks about how the experience was, and about his career and projects.

Posted Image

R7-How and when did you know Amy Winehouse?

Rodrigo Lampreia - I met Amy on the same day we sang together. Had already played at Jazz Club (Jazz After Dark) last year and two weeks before the show with her and knew she frequented the place and had already made a pocket-concerts there. She arrived in the middle of the show and invited her to give a piece of cake. After the show, we had dinner and talked a lot.

R7-How she got the opportunity to participate in your show? The song you sang together was in their repertoire or was included because of it?

Lamprey - invited it's time to make a soup. It was all very impromptu. She began singing Girl from Ipanema on any basis we were doing (and I banda). Then emendei a song of mine, Sophisticated Samba, who has an English version. After that, we had a jam session and it was all impromptu. We wanted to make a sound informal, without the worry of doing nothing rehearsed. The atmosphere was very informal.

R7-The possibility exists that you record something together, or to a disk or to your hard she started recording?

Lamprey - We have not talked anything about that possibility, but who knows?

In the rest of the article, he talks about his own music ...
http://translate.goo...08.html&act=url

-----------------------------------------------------------

Amy Winehouse Dead: Musician Claimed to Have Received Email Before She Died

A Brazilian musician, who claimed to have had a whirlwind romance with Amy Winehouse last year, has said that he received an email from the British singer just a few days before her death.

Musician Rodrigo Lampreia told Brazilian newspaper G1 that he first met the London singer after sharing the stage with her in a British pub.

The musician was performing with his band when Winehouse visited the London pub in June 2010. Winehouse sang the Brazilian song "The Girl from Ipanema" by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes.

According to Lampreia, following that meeting they had a whirlwind romance and kept in touch until a few days before her death last Saturday.

"I met her a few times after that day. We talked on Skype, maybe three, four times,” Lampreia said.

He reported that their meetings were always through the Internet, and in particular that their last communication was on his birthday on July 16.

“Two weeks ago she sent me an email wishing happy birthday," the singer told G1.

Their first meeting was filmed and posted on the Internet, with Winehouse seeming to be a little shaken: "She was stumbling, but no biggie. It was nothing unusual, as we see in the media."

Lampreia described the famous singer as down-to-earth and friendly.

"She said she liked Brazilian music by Tom Jobim. She knew the song well enough to sing the majority of the lyrics," he said.

After the meeting, the singer said that Winehouse invited the entire band to dinner and paid for everything.

After hearing of Winehouse’s tragic death last Saturday he expressed his grief, but added that it probably was expected given her lifestyle of struggling with drug and alcohol addictions.

Amy Winehouse was found dead in her house in London on Saturday afternoon by one of her bodyguards.

Police have not yet confirmed the cause of her death, although reports have indicated that the singer had been drinking heavily, and it is alleged she had bought Ecstasy and heroin just hours before her death.

In memory of Winehouse the Brazilian singer and his band sang her song “Rehab” in a presentation in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro.

"We will honor her again at the shows this weekend in Sao Paulo, Saturday and Sunday in Rio. We'll play 'Rehab', the public knows it well,” he said. “I admired her before we met, I always had admiration for her music, and our encounter was unforgettable.”

http://www.christian...-romance-53037/
  • Love is a losing game likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Sorry off-topic but what is up with her skin... powdery white (gray?)... in that pic and others like it?

#3 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm sorry but her face caught my attention too, why does it look so ashy? (genuinely curious)

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#4 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

No clue, weird complexion... it was also like that when she looked great in that purple dress at Reg's movie premiere.. so 2010.

#5 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

her skin in that picture reminds me of the color self tan lotion leaves on you. strange
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#6 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Isn't he exaggearating a bit caling their reationship "a romance"?
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#7 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Isn't he exaggearating a bit caling their reationship "a romance"?

Yeah, no disrespect to this musician, but the way he's holding her in the picture combined with him coming out about their "romance" kind of gives me the creeps.
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

#8 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

glad other people have noticed her skin too. wonder if she has had a chemical peel? or laser .......just a thought

#9 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Looks like a bad case of of fake-tan, and then Amy apllying powder (lighter shade, because she probably selected it originally to match her natural skin tone, not the orange one out of a bottle)...there are a few pictures of her looking really bad (2008?) and really out of it where Amy would re-apply excessive amounts of powder...in a dark bar/club, the result is terrible. I think she felt insecure about how she looked there...

Their first meeting was filmed and posted on the Internet, with Winehouse seeming to be a little shaken: "She was stumbling, but no biggie. It was nothing unusual, as we see in the media."

So which video would this be then?

#10 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Yes, her skin is looking weird.
but it's a nice looking guy. Not the usual Amy-stuff....;-)!

#11 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

Here's the thread I was talking about the other day where the vids were posted. Romance what? Really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users