13 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Amy Winehouse's father still lives in her London apartment.

Mitch Winehouse has revealed he feels closest to his late daughter, who died in July 2011 at the age of 27, in the small Camden flat where she lived while recording her number one album Back to Black, and can't bring himself to leave.

"One thing we can't let go of is Amy's apartment in Camden," he told MailOnline.

"She loved that flat, and we live there now.

"When Amy was running out of money before Back to Black came out, I said, 'Amy, we're going to have to sell the flat', she told me: 'Never sell the flat, Dad. I'm going to bring out a new album, and we're going to make millions'. So I thought we'd hold onto it for another three or four months.

"She loved that flat, and we [Mitch and his wife Jane] live there now."

Mitch and Amy's mother Janis sold the singer's large house in Camden following her death because it was too expensive to keep.

"Anything linked with Amy is very hard to get rid of, but it was an incredible drain on our resources," he explained.

"We had to have a lot of security there, and it cost us an absolute fortune."

http://tvnz.co.nz/en...artment-5378670
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

So does anyone know which flat?.......

#3 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's the one in Jeffreys Place.
the Prowse Place one was rented, the JP one was bought during the Frank-Period.

#4 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Many thanks for your reply? Why did she rent the prowse place when she owned Jeffries place? seems from Mitch she had no money at the time and was needing ti sell, so very confusing. Have seen that in 2007 the jefferies place flat was raided and Mitch had to go and get the keys from shoreditch police station no mention of that in the book?

#5 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Many thanks for your reply? Why did she rent the prowse place when she owned Jeffries place? seems from Mitch she had no money at the time and was needing ti sell, so very confusing. Have seen that in 2007 the jefferies place flat was raided and Mitch had to go and get the keys from shoreditch police station no mention of that in the book?

In the book, Mitch tells us that Amy didn't want to stay in that flat because it brought bad memories back to her. And i also heard that the flat needed renovation
Amy flies in paradise

#6 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm glad to know they're keeping it. I was a bit upset when they sold the Camden house, but I guess it's better to live in a house where your daughter enjoyed some happy moments than to live in the house she died in.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#7 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Is this the house with the "spooky" room where Amy told she was Atacked by some bad enthity or ghost ?

#8 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Is this the house with the "spooky" room where Amy told she was Atacked by some bad enthity or ghost ?

Could you tell more on this story?
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#9 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think it happened in Prowse Place. I don't know if it's just a tabloid story, but it is said that Amy had one room in the house which she kept empty, it had some wallpaper made for children's rooms and the story says that Amy believed a child died in this room, that's why she stayed out of it, the ghosts name was "Henry" and he once tried to harm her, that's why Amy escaped from the house and stayed in a hotel for a few days until friends persuaded her to return back.
Amy flies in paradise

#10 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think it happened in Prowse Place. I don't know if it's just a tabloid story, but it is said that Amy had one room in the house which she kept empty, it had some wallpaper made for children's rooms and the story says that Amy believed a child died in this room, that's why she stayed out of it, the ghosts name was "Henry" and he once tried to harm her, that's why Amy escaped from the house and stayed in a hotel for a few days until friends persuaded her to return back.

Yes it was the story of the childrens room with the Airplaine-wallpaper . It reminded me on something Spooky i had 40 years ago . On the coast out of the Port of Den helder there is a crashsite of an English bomber of the second worldwar . They had digged a canal on that place 40 years ago and the soil from there was mixed with fragments of the bomberplane . The aircrew was killed by that accident , 7 man died in the plane only 1 survived by parachute : The tailgunner . I salvaged 1 machinegun Browning .303 British Lee-Enfield with some belted ammo and fragments of bones of the killed aircrew all over the place . Me and my brother collected the bones in a small bag and did a strange expiriment with it . At that time there where reports of voices of gosts catcht by accident on taperecorders . We did the thing with the radioreceiver set between 2 radiostations receiving the noise between . We had the bones of the killed airman in front of us and asked if someone was by us connected with those remains . We asked : "If someone is here frome you guys , tell us your name ?" By playing the taperecording back immidiatly after our question a strange voice answered : "Henry Fassenger" ! It was VERY SCARY ! A couple of years later i discovered a piece of scrap of the airplane with the number W7474 . It was the registration of the Short "Stirling" 1 bomber crashed in the early morning of the night from 3 on 4 Juni 1942 . I know the names of all the 7 members of the crew now , BUT , NO Henry Fassenger was one of them !
:ghost:

#11 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hopefully you hung on to the machine gun? It's probably worth a pretty penny now.

#12 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

I hope they've kept something of hers...there is nothing wrong with living in a place you hold dear to your heart.

#13 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hopefully you hung on to the machine gun? It's probably worth a pretty penny now.

Very out of thread now but short answer : No i did'nt have the machinegun anymore , just as the other 20 machineguns of other brand and more than 50 other submachineguns rifles revolvers and semi-auto pistols . They where in my possesion without license . The police captured some 40.000 euro on firearms and ammo from me and distroyed the whole collection 25 years ago . But NO PROBLEM , they are replacable , the whole world is full of firearms and ammo . But i discovered later something of greater valieu for me than THE WHOLE WORLD ! It's AMY , there was ONLY ONE of that and i WANT HER BACK ! :heart:

Edited by Johanna, 30 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#14 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

He's in the Jeffrey's Place apt btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users