Let's define a short algorithm in the case of technical issues. Let's talk about what to do if you can't enter the forum, because if you will be ready for anything, you can cope with everything. :-) Well, let's start...
- The first of all - don't panic and take a deep breath. Everything will be fine, I promise. :-)
- Check if the forum is available from other people, go to this link: http://www.isup.me/w...ouseforum.co.uk and read what it says.
- If it says that the website is down - keep calm and carry on, probably we already know about the issue and working on the solution. Just try to connect in a 30-60 minutes.
- If it says that the website is up and it's only your computer can't connect to it, please, send a message to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate some data which is neccesary for solving the issue:
- what do you see when you're trying to connect - that's important;
- your IP-address at the moment of attempt (you can find it here: http://www.whatismyip.com/) - that's important too;
- the time of the first unsuccessful attempt - that's important too, but less than your IP-address;
- the time of the last unsuccessful attempt - that's optional;
- results of "traceroute" to www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk from your computer (get know how to do that here: http://www.wikihow.com/Traceroute) - only if you're feeling able to do that, but it will be very helpful.
Please, send me the message and I will do my best to help you as soon as it's possible.
After all these steps just wait for a rescue and listen to the best singer in the world - Amy Jade Winehouse and remember that she's always with you in spite of anything. :-)
Please, save this instruction somewhere, because you won't be able to read it when the forum will be unreachable.