70 replies to this topic

#61 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I guess if you can't back up what you are saying with actual facts then you sail off into the sunset because it gets too hot in here to keep up. ?
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#62 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

That is so obviously a Barbie and horse set. I would know that face anywhere. I don't remember Barbie making me feel ugly when I was little...whatever all the assumptions are enough to make me crazy.

#63 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well, we scared off Kim the Hollywood medium ( http://www.amywineho...php/t-5950.html ), Alex F. (?) and mrmagic - Chloe G.'s friend... We are bad girls and bad boys, aren't we?

PS is that really a Barbie in her hand?

@mmagic
I don't have a HQ picture but you can find one in the book "Amy Amy Amy. The Amy Winehouse Story" by Nick Johnstone and it's definitely a Barbie doll in Amy's left hand. It's the first unauthorized Amy's biog :)

http://www.standard....603_468x415.jpg

never seen that pic before, at least i dont remember. I wonder if she ever actually read it...

#64 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well, we scared off Kim the Hollywood medium ( http://www.amywineho...php/t-5950.html ), Alex F. (?) and mrmagic - Chloe G.'s friend... We are bad girls and bad boys, aren't we?

PS is that really a Barbie in her hand?

@mmagic
I don't have a HQ picture but you can find one in the book "Amy Amy Amy. The Amy Winehouse Story" by Nick Johnstone and it's definitely a Barbie doll in Amy's left hand. It's the first unauthorized Amy's biog :)

http://www.standard....603_468x415.jpg

And a good biography, if I may add! I bought it because it was on sale and was pleasantly surprised, there were some really interesting stories from the making of Frank (and probably BTB, can't remember anymore).

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#65 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Seems like the only rational thing to do at this point is find this woman and burn her at the stake.

Sorry folks but is this really necessary? Understand everyone is enraged but always thought this forum had a level decorum. Inciting violence even in jest in my view is poor form.

Havn"t read the book yet so cannot comment, will wait a get a second hand copy!

#66 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

wanted to join club 27? then why did she quit drugs? why was she taking her time with her 3rd album if she was planning on dying at 27? absolute rubbish. injected heroin? the last place a heroin addict uses is normally their hands not their feet. No signs of injecting or trashed veins on her body. again, absolute rubbish.

#67 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

[MENTION=7676]mrmagic[/MENTION] the spelling and grammar mistakes are truly shameful, so perhaps you should learn to read, auto correct find and replace anyone! I have no idea how u can defend the poor typos and atrociously confusing syntax. Anyways. Interesting book so far, but at least admit when you've totally confused your readers by using he instead or she constantly, that IS fact, unlike the story contained.

#68 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Tip for all Kindle-owners: you can rent the book for free thru the Amazon Kindle rental library.
i started yesterday.....

#69 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Well, although, I'm not familiar with this new book, from what I'm reading here, it certainly is raising alot of opinions ....I 'd rather read a more direct, factual book , proven and/or backed up references to varify things. I liked Mitch's book because , for me, it was real, to the point, etc. And besides, I'd rather focus on the good of someone, not the negative of someone's life although, there has to be a balance of both, to make it more effective, appealing, when in a book. I do own a few other Amy books, the authors escape me at the moment, and I go with my instincts and conclusions from whatever I read from these books. Amy was a human being, did some wrong, did some right, one cannot be perfect . She just did her best at being AMY :) This is my 2 cents worth !

#70 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Does anyone knows the I.S.B.N. Number of the book . My bookstore can't find the book at the moment by title nor writer . :apologetic:

......Do have it since yesterday , continuing with chapter 5 next .

#71 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I read the book. its seems that the author hasnt listened to all of her songs.
Example: she says " Mr. Magic" is about her uncles who loved Jazz,,, Wrong its about " weed"
I mean listen to the lyrics; "blue without my green" Or burn the tip to get you through
the only thing i liked about it was hearing what her backup singer Ade had to say & the fact she humilates Alex Foden
the f up hairdresser she had.. she doesnt answer any new questions and although in the preface she claims to have started the book
before her death , hoping to have a happy ending , thats suspect...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users