27 replies to this topic

#1 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Always pleases me when other artists show their respect for Amy...

Lana Del Rey praises Winehouse

Known for her mysterious persona and bold looks, the unusual star named the other famous women she admires for being unique.

"I believe in Amy Winehouse. I know she's not with us anymore but I believe she was who she was and in that way she got it right," Lana shared with Fashion magazine. "I would say an actress like Lauren Bacall also got it right. She never let anyone [persuade] her to be something she wasn't. She was strong. She always looked like she knew what she was doing."

http://www.tv3.ie/en...&article=103222
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

She never let anyone [persuade] her to be something she wasn't. She was strong. She always looked like she knew what she was doing.

...which is the exact opposite of "Lana." But that's nice she recognized her.

#3 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

...which is the exact opposite of "Lana." But that's nice she recognized her.

I don't agree with you. In fact, I admire Lana for doing always what she wants to do in the way she wanna do it and get respect and admiration for that (a lot of people thinks she's just a "manufactured product" but personally I like her for being a unique artist).
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#4 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

coo, shes kinda sexy but her music sucks so it doesnt matter and i prefer nancy sinatra's yé-yé image in the 60s than lana's......well whatever that is

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#5 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

I think a lot of people on here like her, but I still don't... I would probably fall asleep at a show, and that's just me, everyone's different.

I likey
Posted Image

but anyway, there's a lovely thread for lana, full of hate though, a lot from me ;-)

#6 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

she sounds like tori amos on downers

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#7 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think a lot of people on here like her, but I still don't... I would probably fall asleep at a show, and that's just me, everyone's different.

lol I swear you wouldn't. I saw her on Thrusday and everyone was singing and screaming so loud that not even a completely deaf person would have been able to fall asleep. Lana was great, btw.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#8 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

she sounds like tori amos on downers

I LOLed.

Personally, I like her as her, I find her appealing for some reason. Appealing as in if there was an article about her music or her life that I run across in a magazine, I would probably read it. Her music, however, makes me comatose.

#9 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Lana Chevrolet made me want to run a '57 Chevy into a brick wall. I listened to her a few times and would start reaching for my pills and whiskey.

#10 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

I LOLed.

Personally, I like her as her, I find her appealing for some reason. Appealing as in if there was an article about her music or her life that I run across in a magazine, I would probably read it. Her music, however, makes me comatose.

I think it's her image you like? I don't really like her, her interviews are awkward, her singing is awkward, her stage presence is awkward.....well the last time I checked which was a while ago.

sigh..
http://www.complex.c...-to-drink-again

#11 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

I think it's her image you like? I don't really like her, her interviews are awkward, her singing is awkward, her stage presence is awkward.....well the last time I checked which was a while ago.

sigh..
http://www.complex.c...-to-drink-again

It probably is, I certainly wouldn't disagree with that.

#12 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I like her hair :)
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#13 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

I've seen a few of Lana Del Rey's live performances, and she's a very poor singer live, from what I could see. Still, nice that she's giving kudos to Amy, she clearly owes a good bit of her image and musical style to Amy.
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#14 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Looking at Del Rey's image, I hope she gives kudos to Amy because it's obvious she is getting into the retro look and Amy brought retro back. I don't know who Del Rey is but I have a feeling many artists in the future will give their praises to Amy.

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#15 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

A lot of people are into the retro look. Her style doesn't remind me of Amy, maybe I'm weird... it's like she wants to be that kind of artist, but she just isn't.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lana del rey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users