5 replies to this topic

#1 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

I've never seen this solid performance of TDOTO before. I'm guessing it was late 2006 around the time of the release of her second album in the UK. I apologize if it has been posted here before.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#2 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

It was her appearance on Parkinson recorded on 16th June 07.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#3 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

I think the earliest out there of Tears Dry On Their Own is her performance on Later... with Jools Holland. There's possibly footage out there of her performing it at Bloomsbury Ballroom which was one of the earliest BTB gigs but only Rehab, Back to Black, Me & Mr Jones and Love Is A Losing Game have surfaced so far.

#4 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

It was her appearance on Parkinson recorded on 16th June 07.

Thanks. That surprises me a little since she looks so fresh and in control here. Her delivery is powerful and flawless (at least to my ears) and this song is not easy to sing. This would be shortly after she married BFC and not long before she would have a near fatal drug overdose! I would never guess the turmoil in her life at this point given her stage presence. Yes, she does look a bit ill at ease when she's just standing there, but definitely confident and in command the moment she starts singing. But we all know Amy was often like that once she became a major celebrity.

Edited by SteveV, 11 January 2014 - 06:21 AM.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#5 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Here is an earlier performance I uploaded, recorded 20th April 2007:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. That surprises me a little since she looks so fresh and in control here. Her delivery is powerful and flawless (at least to my ears) and this song is not easy to sing. This would be shortly after she married BCF and not long before she would have a near fatal drug overdose! I would never guess the turmoil in her life at this point given her stage presence. Yes, she does look a bit ill at ease when she's just standing there, but definitely confident and in command the moment she starts singing. But we all know Amy was often like that once she became a major celebrity.

It's a shame because she was already cancelling concerts at this stage. She actually cancelled the concert I had tickets for 5 mins before the doors opened not a month later.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#6 1TubeGuru

1TubeGuru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Amy looked and sounded fabulous in this clip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users