32 replies to this topic

#16 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Only just seen the footage on Mailonline site, yeah! It's all part of a process and I believe PR in part of the build up to the movie and album launch in the autumn. Now to me, poor old Blake looked ravished by drugs and yes, he looked old for his age, but the thing is this, If Blake Is to work for the foundation and be part of the whole movie promotion, then he is going to have to sort himself out...plain and simple. The foundation and all it's partners are going to have to be ruthless with Blake to get him Into shape for all the promotion that will accompany the film come Sept/Oct. Yes! Blake has to be involved in that film whether we like It or not, and that also includes Mitch.    

#17 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

http://www.dailymail...-time-died.html

He looks terrible. I am surprised the press have not mentioned anything about his children in care.

Just seen the post below this must be pics from that interview......sorry for repeating would someone be able to merge this thread...many thanks

#18 Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

I dunno I'm a bit torn. I feel it's wrong for him to do this but at the same time he was her husband for a time so he should be allowed you know but i don't think the interview part was necessary.

Also did we ever find out if her ashes are actually at that plot or somewhere else? I know random question but since we're on that topic might as well ask.

• melnyk likes this

#19 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

I don't see this as a publicity stunt as much as I see it as a sick man who needs money for his habit and a willing news outlet to pay that small fee.

Fucking Dallas Buyers Club status.

Blake is deep in his disease. I give him 6 months tops if he doesn't get/want help.

• LaPeep and Miss Mermaid like this

#20 drandle

drandle

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I agree Blake is sick in his addiction and will do whatever he has to do in order to get money for his next fix. He loved Amy but when ur an addict and deep in ur addiction nothing, anyone or anything is more important that ur drugs. He has a disease and from the way he looks in the video the disease is winning and will soon claim its next fatality.
  • Miss Mermaid likes this

#21 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Only just seen the footage on Mailonline site, yeah! It's all part of a process and I believe PR in part of the build up to the movie and album launch in the autumn. Now to me, poor old Blake looked ravished by drugs and yes, he looked old for his age, but the thing is this, If Blake Is to work for the foundation and be part of the whole movie promotion, then he is going to have to sort himself out...plain and simple. The foundation and all it's partners are going to have to be ruthless with Blake to get him Into shape for all the promotion that will accompany the film come Sept/Oct. Yes! Blake has to be involved in that film whether we like It or not, and that also includes Mitch.    

What album launch? I've not been on here lately. Did the AWF say they were putting and album out the same time as the movie?

#22 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Blake part of PR for movie or AWF? Not in a million years. Who would allow that? Nobody thankfully. Blake needs to heal, get off drugs, and get on with life as a father. Im sure Mitch wouldnt abandon someone who truly and sincerely wants to live and get clean, but for the looks of it, I have very little hope. Blake cant look any worse. I understand his pain :(
  • Miss Mermaid likes this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#23 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

just heard about Blake visiting the grave with a camera crew.

disappointed in him.

why do this? why now? He looks worn in the video.

the naive answer is if you want to visit someones grave then you dont take a camera crew with you. so the next answer is he must need the money.

too many people are still profiting from her death.

Sorry Amy X

• Jayne likes this

#24 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

I very much doubt this is part of the documentary, which is being made with the co-operation of Amy's family. I haven't kept up with Blake since his overdose a year or two ago, I didn't know he had another child or that they might have been taken into care. Is he still with the mother of his first child?

I don't feel angry with Blake anymore, and haven't for a long time. I pity him - he has changed so much in just a few years. He looks weary, haggard, and terribly sad. He seems wracked with guilt over Amy. Maybe his problems are partly self-inflicted, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's paying a heavy price. 

In his own wrong-footed way, I think Blake was being sincere and loving. And of course, he needs the money, which makes him ideal tabloid fodder - although I agree with Janis that the gesture was inappropriate. 

• pearljo and ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer like this
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#25 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

I'm not arrogant, just honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I very much doubt this is part of the documentary, which is being made with the co-operation of Amy's family. I haven't kept up with Blake since his overdose a year or two ago, I didn't know he had another child or that they might have been taken into care. Is he still with the mother of his first child?

I don't feel angry with Blake anymore, and haven't for a long time. I pity him - he has changed so much in just a few years. He looks weary, haggard, and terribly sad. He seems wracked with guilt over Amy. Maybe his problems are partly self-inflicted, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's paying a heavy price. 

In his own wrong-footed way, I think Blake was being sincere and loving. And of course, he needs the money, which makes him ideal tabloid fodder - although I agree with Janis that the gesture was inappropriate. 

Yeah, I have the same opinion.

#26 OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I seen this interview, and I don't really get why he took a Camera crew to the grave. I mean I respect the right of Blake going to her grave because Blake was the love of her life. But I just see it as a way to get publicity out of it, which I hope he hasn't done it because of that because it'll make him look so much worse then he already does. But the fact he went to the grave which should be a personal and reflective occasion just makes me feel like he is doing it for publicity. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

You're Stephanie, and I'm Paula. <3

Amy Jade Winehouse - My Idol. My Queen. My Everything. 1983 - Forever. <3 

#27 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

I can only think of two possible reasons for taking a camera crew to the first visit of the 'love of your life's' grave and that is publicity or money?

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#28 OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

I can only think of two possible reasons for taking a camera crew to the first visit of the 'love of your life's' grave and that is publicity or money?

Yup I agree with this. Obviously he is needing publicity because people have forgotten about him and he feels he needs the limelight on him which is sad because if he getting money for that interview it makes me sick at the fact he is trying to make money of her death.. So much for the 'love of his life' eh. Because I know for a fact if someone who was the love of my life died i wouldn't think for one minute to make any kind of money off their death.

To be honest when Blake appeared on the Jeremy Kyle show it proved how much of a man he really was. She wasn't gone that long and he was already on national tv making money off her death, but now this.. that man hasn't got one ounce of respect or a respectful bone in his body. I always thought Amy was too good for Blake and even when they were together he was a complete tool with her. I have seen how much of a tool he can be when I met Amy he was rude about her stopping and greeting her fans. He was just so cold and didn't appreciate how much of an impact Amy had on people's lives. But maybe now she's gone he's full of guilt, and maybe he is riddled at the fact that he had a factor in her downfall.. :( But at least Amy showed the world that she could sort herself out and even proved it when she passed on that she remained to be clean and had been for many years. <3 and I have 100% respect for her for that. <3 

• ancre likes this

You're Stephanie, and I'm Paula. <3

Amy Jade Winehouse - My Idol. My Queen. My Everything. 1983 - Forever. <3 

#29 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

He looks terrible, but could still get help/change if he wanted to. Maybe in some fd up way it made it easier to go there, to the grave, to score and on drugs. I dunno, but I'm sure Amy would be worried sick.
After hearing about georgettes book I'm not surprised at all, Blake must be sooooo low. And in the mind of an addict I can understand why he probably went with the camera crew. It's a shame about covering the head In Jewish tradition, I didn't know that either. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, don't even know why I'm defending him really, it just is so sad and he looks like he wants to die. I really hope he gets it together. I don't think there's any point now that Amy's dead in being rude about him, he could have written a book years ago if he wanted, and he got nothing in the divorce. Addicts are addicts, bad people or not, it's a separate thing,
  • BeehiveQueen likes this

#30 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

If you're angry at Blake, you should also be angry at the damn 'journalists'/interviewers who push for these kind of provocative settings. For every public appearance of him that we see, there are countless proposals for interviews or book deals that he turns down. He's mostly guilty of bad judgement in accepting to do the interview at her grave and accept to be filmed for his first visit, which is a private moment. I put that down to him being an addict, they generally have terrible judgement. But I'm pretty sure this wasn't his idea. The people filming him took advantage of his weakness (wanting money to feed his addiction, feeling the need to speak for himself, show remorse, whatever his intentions might have been...). And that's despicable. They knew filming him at her grave would give more gravitas to the situation. He's clearly not in a good place or able to make sound decisions. He's also prey to people manipulating him, that's why I feel sorry for him. He's also guilty of being ignorant of the jewish faith and not covering his head, but I'm guessing he didn't plan to be disrespectful. 

I just feel really sad for him.

• Birdieava, ancre, BeehiveQueen and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users