5 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

The kind Youtube poster had this to say ...

Amy Winehouse singing Best Friend and Take The Box at The Torrington in North Finchley in September 2003. It was my birthday and there was a great line up for the night including this relaxed and marvelous solo set from Amy. Later in the evening she sang with the Bolsha Band, an ever-changing group of friends who played funk and soul covers and the occasional original song. At the time we teased my steady-handed mum for bringing the video camera everywhere but looking back now we are very grateful for this footage and wish that there was more. Amy’s set that night also included a stunning duet with her friend Juliette Ashby - it’s such a shame it wasn’t filmed. Anyway, we hope you enjoy this rare footage. Thank you to George Buckleton for his help with editing.

• pearljo, Merlin, SoulRehab and 7 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

I guess it must feels like one of those moments that one doesn't expect to happen when they're actually happening and then your life change and you go like "wow i'm so grateful i was there" like to see her live so young it must be like a jewel in your "memories box". so fresh and timeless. thank you so much for sharing!

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#3 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

Priceless!

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

I would love to hear Amy and Juliette singing together! Juliette, if you're reading this... I think their 2 voices are so different/unique that together must be quite something. 

#5 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Uno!

V.Melnyk

#6 jat470

jat470

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

This is why I keep coming back here: the hope that something like this will occasionally crop up.

Frank era performances are so rare, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users