* * * - - 1 votes

Thoughts on Blake?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

would love to share the facts, yet nobody would really understand, the blame game would continue, so you tell me, what do you really want to know? Pain, misery or their happy times?

We want to know everything.

#32 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

would love to share the facts, yet nobody would really understand, the blame game would continue, so you tell me, what do you really want to know? Pain, misery or their happy times?

Why@Massey123 are you so sure nobody would really understand? Some of us can. Are my 'facts' right? Has Blake recovered? Is he happy now? Some of us don't want to play any blame game you know, there's been too much of that and it's not helping at all. I personally would like to know he's better, and yes his version of the truth. Whatever that is, pain, misery and happy times I'll accept it. x
  • pattieboyd2 likes this

#33 massey123

massey123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationlincolnshire

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

Recovered no. happy ? the first course of action for any recovering addict is to knowledge the pain his or hers addiction caused. His version of the truth? what would you really like to ask? 

#34 massey123

massey123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationlincolnshire

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

recovered, no not fully. will he? no ?  You ask why I am so sure nobody will understand.  I have read only a few statements on this page, they insult Blake, his family, and blame him for Amy.  I have no idea who you are or  have you any experience of addiction? I myself have never taken any illegal substance, but I do have experience of living with addiction, it totally destroys you, the guilt, the desperation of trying to save them, yet failing, heroin always being the winner.  .

#35 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

I started reading this book Georgette Civil wrote about Blake and Amy and it sounded like Blake had some big trauma when he was little and visiting his real dad who sounded like a pretty troubled person. Georgette said he was having sex in front of Blake with some woman and he was like 8 years old only or smth like that. Maybe his dad even do drugs? Idk cuz I could only read the first trial chapters and didn't buy the whole thing yet. It sounds like he didnt have a very secure place growing up, his parents were separating like Amy's, that's one of the things they could bond on.. 

I'm not sure how much to believe from the book tbh smth about the whole family is a bit off for me but I don't know them personally..The fact is that all the bad stuff that came to light from Amy had to come from some search close to her and I rather go w Blake or Alex Foden's ppl than ppl like Tyler, Blake Wood or Amy's close girl friends to not mention more names..

All in all I don't blame Blake cuz he had/has his own troubles I just wish he would have been more careful about who and what gets close to Amy cuz she was too important to die so early :(

My sister had a boyfriend who got her into drugs and then jail stuff too, but she had the right mind strength and willpower to get away from that in time. Amy was just too blindly/madly in love. I wish Blake all the best though, hope he finally finds happiness with someone, gets clean for good and has a nice future. Idk what he's doing now but I guess would be important to find some work that he likes to distract him from drugs and Amy's memory etc.

#36 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

I think it's really tacky that he's posting pictures of his gf on Instagram. I understand he moved on, but it makes him seem heartless. He posted pics of them around Amy's birthday, like the day after and then deleted them. Why would you post pics of your new gf right around Amy's birthday? How rude. Just makes my heart break for Amy. At least wait a few weeks, damn...his new girl looks like crap too, sorry I said it. But he does too so whatever
  • GoddessAmy likes this

#37 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

recovered, no not fully. will he? no ? You ask why I am so sure nobody will understand. I have read only a few statements on this page, they insult Blake, his family, and blame him for Amy. I have no idea who you are or have you any experience of addiction? I myself have never taken any illegal substance, but I do have experience of living with addiction, it totally destroys you, the guilt, the desperation of trying to save them, yet failing, heroin always being the winner. .

I'm extremely sorry to hear he hasn't recovered fully. Yet. But little by little he will, if my 'facts' were right I can see some light at the end of the tunnel for him. I can understand addiction and that you might feel there's no hope but there is please see it. I don't know who you are either, and you don't know who I am and I don't think that matters, does it? So I'll go first, I'm an Amy's fan and by loving Amy I got to know who she loved most, Blake. And I don't think he is to be blamed, no one is to be blamed. Alcohol is, heroin and all that shit is! I would like to know his version of the truth, of his life with Amy and after and how he's coping now. Everyone said their own, Mitch, Janis, Georgette but not Blake (read them all by the way). We know Amy and Blake's troubles and both their family did everything they could to help them, and they are not bad families. There's no right recipe to save your children is there? I already told you what I think of how Amy and Blake's lives would be if... As I said earlier not all people here think Blake was evil and wish him nothing but the best, to recover and find happiness. Addiction (to alcohol) took away our Amy already and there are no words to define the loss, the hurt, the pain, I'm sure you can understand that? We wouldn't want another life being taken away, Blake's or no one else's. If you know him please wish him all the best from us and hang in there, and trust. There are some good people out there and in this forum. People will always have opinions no matter what, but we are no one to judge, we are not Amy nor Blake and what happened between them only they will know. And anyway why would you care about silly comments? Sometimes we make silly comments to have a laugh, as the situation is already dramatic enough.
People don't generally tend to understand addiction and mental illnesses, we try to be sensitive in this forum. There's so much ignorance out there and people still die. Amy died. X
  • pattieboyd2, Poom and wroclove like this

#38 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

He is a bit confusing/confused..I wonder how the girls feel though knowing he's still quite into Amy.
I wouldn't judge people by their looks, unfortunately not everyone's born as pretty as Amy ;) I can see what Amy saw in him, in some of his good moments (I assume Amy influenced his style) and he made more effort he could look pretty nice! But then addiction takes it's toll on your body :/

#39 GoddessAmy

GoddessAmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

I think it's really tacky that he's posting pictures of his gf on Instagram. I understand he moved on, but it makes him seem heartless. He posted pics of them around Amy's birthday, like the day after and then deleted them. Why would you post pics of your new gf right around Amy's birthday? How rude. Just makes my heart break for Amy. At least wait a few weeks, damn...his new girl looks like crap too, sorry I said it. But he does too so whatever

Hi Mizzwanned Could that have been a cry for help? Maybe unconsciously he was trying to say something? I don't feel he did it with bad intentions, (I haven't seen the pics), maybe he still in love with Amy & he just doesn't know how to handle and he seems to have new girlfriends, just a thought… I think I try to see him through Amy's point of view, She always loved him & saw the good in him and I respect totally that. I miss her positive perspective on others! 

• Love is a losing game likes this

#40 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:31 AM

Hi Mizzwanned Could that have been a cry for help? Maybe unconsciously he was trying to say something? I don't feel he did it with bad intentions, (I haven't seen the pics), maybe he still in love with Amy & he just doesn't know how to handle and he seems to have new girlfriends, just a thought… I think I try to see him through Amy's point of view, She always loved him & saw the good in him and I respect totally that. I miss her positive perspective on others!

Thank you@GoddessAmy x

#41 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

You ask why I am so sure nobody will understand.  I have read only a few statements on this page, they insult Blake, his family, and blame him for Amy.  I have no idea who you are or have you any experience of addiction? I myself have never taken any illegal substance, but I do have experience of living with addiction, it totally destroys you, the guilt, the desperation of trying to save them, yet failing, heroin always being the winner.

For what it's worth, I know what it's like to watch a loved one self-destruct because of addiction. Those who haven't experienced it will never understand.

• pattieboyd2, Love is a losing game and GoddessAmy like this

#42 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

It's hard to understand addiction unless you have experienced it. Heroin addiction is very difficult to overcome because of the never-ending cravings for the drug and the longer one has been addicted, the harder it is to become clean and remain that way.

How is he supposed to change the public's perspective of him when he continues to be vilified by the media? Starting over is easier said than done.

He could start by changing his name .. If you truly want to start over there are ways it can be done. I think he wants
the name recongnition but not the stigma it now has. I am not against him and I dont feel sorry for him either. But I do know that Heroin addiction can be overcome , and like the drink and other drugs you live day to day and try to do
your best every day.. He has 2 kids some people dont even have that , He should be strong for them if he cant do it for himself.

#43 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

He could start by changing his name ..

Changing his name won't stop people from recognizing him.

• pattieboyd2 and Love is a losing game like this

#44 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

I think best would be like I said if Blake would find a job that he really enjoys cuz that's basically why people do drugs and drink if they're not happy with their life and feel too lazy to change things, they rather get a short happiness out of those two (or there's smoking or sex addiction as well etc.) and hope things will get solved somehow anyway by time..but if he gets a job he can do well then people will also see that and hopefully think: ok he's a reasonable person afterall..it ain't easy to get a good job nowadays though I know too well but at least gotta try your best!
Even with Amy I find it bit strange how she didn't quite look super happy on her wedding photos and then there's that footage in the Amy movie as well when they're sitting on the boat just after the wedding not looking exactly overjoyed. If she wasn't happy being a famous singer, she could have "retired" and become a waitress, fashion designer, dj or whatever she would have liked/made her feel more fullfilled and happy. And even then she could still do some little surprise gigs at the Jazz Cafe or whatever if she really felt like singing, I'm sure they would have gladly put her on anytime. But thats just my thoughts/wishful thinking ;)

amy-620_1611857a.jpg

#45 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

Sorry, I don't see how posting a pic of your new gf a day after Amy's birthday is a cry for help or shows he misses her. It's disrespectful imo. I think maybe his new gf was like, you never post pics of us, and keep posting pics of Amy. Maybe she got jealous. That's probably what happened. But i don't see why, she's not even here :( but anyone would be jealous of Amy, she was incredibly talented and pretty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users