Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

Just seen an advert for this on Channel 5, Alex Foden was on the advert:

http://www.channel5....f-amy-winehouse

• pearljo and GoddessAmy like this
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#2 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

[quote name="Jayne" post="215433" timestamp="1442869674"]

Just seen an advert for this on Channel 5, Alex Foden was on the advert:

http://www.channel5....f-amy-winehouse[/quote
Thanks Jayne.
That's a bit random, isn't it?
Alex Foden speaking again...oh well, we shall see on 28 September. X

#3 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

Is that , that show about celebrities that have died and their final hours? I saw something like it on Netflix U.S. I think called the Final 12 hours, something like that. They've got Janis Joplin, Sid, Anna Nicole smith etc

#4 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

Personally, I won't be watching this, for a variety of reasons. It's being broadcast on an incredibly tacky channel, made by someone who had a questionable relationship with Amy, about a subject that I find deeply upsetting and so, therefore, it really doesn't seem worthy the hassle. I don't mean to dissuade anyone, but I do think there are better ways to spend time (like listening to one of Amy's albums, lol). Just my two pence. 

#5 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

https://twitter.com/...102934233710592

#6 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

Mitch is on a roll...

• melnyk likes this

#7 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

Mitch is on a roll...

Here we go again...goes on about the money etc, as he did with Juliette - still waiting for your movie Mitch.
Anyway we all already know what Alex Foden will go on about, and his credibility and I'd like not to swear.
Not so sure if Amy hated him though, do you guys know if she did towards the end of her life?

Also shouldn't that ask for permission to make such docs? Surely there must be laws, copyrights or stuff like on Amy's behalf (to establish with her family) when they want to show a documentary on Amy in UK national television, shitty channel yes, but still national TV. X

#8 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:36 PM

Yeah! but the thing is, and I've seen these dreadful docs before, you have to ask yourself, where do they get their info from? all very tabloid to me and nobody should take any of this seriously, If you have ever seen one of these then you should know they make up about 80% of the show....total shit. Mind you, I was watching the one about Whitney and did ask out load, when are we getting the Amy Winehouse edition?

• Love is a losing game likes this

#9 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Yeah! but the thing is, and I've seen these dreadful docs before, you have to ask yourself, where do they get their info from? all very tabloid to me and nobody should take any of this seriously, If you have ever seen one of these then you should know they make up about 80% of the show....total shit. Mind you, I was watching the one about Whitney and did ask out load, when are we getting the Amy Winehouse edition?

As soon as I hear Alex Foden's name I can smell a rat, but I naively hope the doc will show respect for Amy. Maybe not anymore 😞
  • King Marty likes this

#10 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

there's an Advert for this show on Youtube today ...

• melnyk likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#11 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

there's an Advert for this show on Youtube today ...

Just as I expected, really. I'd be genuinely surprised if they manage to use any of her music in the doc itself, even with Back to Black featuring in the trailer. 

#12 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Every time this advert comes on it brings a tear.......

The only thing that this may do is warn people about alcohol abuse.....if it makes one person think about what they are doing .....

must be so hard for the family I do feel for them. Usually these programmes are based on fact from coroners reports, and the effect on the body, don"t know why Alex Foden is on there, just invalidates any credibility.

#13 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Well if it's on Channel 5, and Alex Foden is involved, it's probably trash and best avoided. So I agree with Mitch on that at least. I've seen another episode in this series about Marilyn Monroe, and it wasn't exactly stellar film-making. However, Mitch's comments seem a tad hypocritical after he courted headlines with the recent pregnancy story. And I don't like the way he is trying to lump this in with Kapadia's documentary as being all 'lies'.

Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#14 bunnybowlingshirt

bunnybowlingshirt

Now, I tread water.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

Although Mitch has been saying a whole lot of outlandish things, I agree with him in this case. Alex Fodden has sold many horrible stories about Amy, he wasn't a true friend to her. No friend sells their friend out for money.

i can't help but analyze your actions, neglecting mine...

sig.png

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

To show how much the media has changed over the years, everyone in Hollywood knew that Rock Hudson was gay.  They knew it for many years.  No one published a story about it. Back in those days it would have destroyed his career.  If human decency still existed, Amy might still be with us.  You can't turn back the clock.  I sometimes wish we could.

• Sassy and Ace of Hearts like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users