#16 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

I complained in vain to Island about the B Marley box set and will try again this time with the exploitation of Amy J, Yeah, some may say bringing out the new stuff is exploitation but come on, bringing out the same old same as, time after time, who are they kidding? not me.

Please do@King Marty and give us a shout if we can help! X

#17 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

Maybe we'll get a Mitch boxset too  ;)

• TBR and amywinehousequeen like this

#18 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Bitchin!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Ale!  Do you know if Frank & Lioness will be 45rpm?  Glad to see Frank as a 2-LP set (too much music crammed into one LP, IMO).

I agree that this is nothing more than a big cash-in for Island, but they could have done nothing.  Sadly, this is the reality of the music business now.  The good news is $80 is a steal if one compares this to similar sets, and/or the prices of the 3 existing LPs.

#19 xinkoa

xinkoa

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

the only thing that gets my attention is the SBE vinyl, is it a new release? or was it released years ago? I didn't know about its existence.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

The SBE show is new to vinyl. In fact this is the only official audio-only release I'm aware of. As far as I know of, this gig has only been released on DVD & Blu-Ray.

Hopefully Frank & Lioness will be 45rpm. I bought an early pressing of Lioness which was 33rpm, then bought another later just for an "emergency copy" in case it goes out of print and the prices go the way of the Frank LP before the new reissue. Anyway I was delightfully surprised that my new pressing of Lioness is 45rpm. It definitely is of better sound quality, most notably for the absence of the horrible sibilant distortion on "Wake Up Alone" which made me cringe at every "s" sound on the 33rpm version.

#21 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

https://www.list.co....the-collection/

#22 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:42 PM

I noticed that Frank will be on four vinyls now, instead of one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users