Photo
- - - - -

Amy was nominated for a 2013 Brit award?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

There was surprise and criticism when Amy was nominated for a Brit award for Best Female, but I just found out she was also nominated in 2013. That came as a shock to me, I guess it was because the Lioness album came out in late 2011. Did anyone else know?

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, it was for Lioness, she was the first nominee to ever be included in the Brits posthumously.

Mitch had her face on the back of his vest for the ceremony, then it was auctioned for the foundation ...
o-AMY-WINEHOUSE-DAD-570.jpg

• Love is a losing game likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:59 AM

Oh ok so that's where that photo was taken from. I remember seeing that photo but didn't know where it came from. I live in the US so the Brit awards or British news, for that matter, don't really make headlines over here. Thanks for the info.

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

Was this for Body and Soul ?

#5 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

She was only nominated for best female and the fact that she had the Lioness album allowed her to be nominated in the first place, sort of like how she was nominated this year because of the 'Amy' soundtrack. I don't think the Body and Soul song had much to do with it because that song was not nominated for a Brit award.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users