Photo
- - - - -

You Know I'm No Good has reached 100 M of views!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

I am so glad and happy for you, dear Amy. This is the third video with more than 100 M of views. Tears Dry has 67 M.

I am pretty sure this song will be a classic in 40 years time even though it is a hit nowadays. We lost such an amazing singer and songwriter. One in a billion. Rest in peace,Amy. You don't deserve such cruelty.

I am disappointed by her 'managers'. They never gave importance to Amy's health and they clearly forgot Amy after Belgrade specially because she 'ruined' her European tour and that means economic loss for them, who expected to win millions and millions at the expense of Amy's talent.

Definitely, a sad story. I just hope she is in peace and enjoying singing with the angels.

Attached Files

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

"Yeah you know... that I'm no good"  :unsure: 

• amyinourhearts likes this

#3 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

This is my favourite song by Amy, one of my favourite songs in general, and one of the best of its generation. I'm glad to see it's reached such a milestone, and I hope in the future it becomes her "signature" song, rather than the elegiac Back to Black or the unfortunate Rehab. 

Also, what I find so... endearing about this song is its title. How many other artists do you know who would come out with a song with a title like that? So self-effacing, but so direct and sincere, too. It just goes to show that, at her best, there was no affectation or pretence with Amy. There was a lot of self-accusation and self-recrimination, unfortunately, but no arrogance. 

Oh, and finally - I think, ultimately, people would have "forgotten" about Belgrade, though it would have taken some time and Amy would definitely needed to have rested after that, perhaps for an extended amount of time. Even though there is the question of whether Amy would have been kind to herself after Belgrade, or if she was embarrassed or ashamed, she certainly wasn't the first or the last to have a disastrous concert. Look at Eric Clapton, for instance - how that man still has a career after his 1976 concert, I have no idea, when what he did on stage was a million times worse than anything Amy could have done, at Belgrade or otherwise. Anyway, I think that had she gone out of the spotlight and concentrated on herself and then eased back into writing, singing, etc, that would have made all the difference. In an ideal world, she would have fucked off all of her troubles and had a comeback on her own terms, her team or her fans be damned. The bitterest pill to swallow, of course, is that that will never happen. :(

• HelloSailor and Love is a losing game like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users