• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bunnycaress7614

bunnycaress7614

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:19 AM

So, Lady Gaga will cover Amy's song to raise money for Amy Winehouse Foundation.
Apparently, Mitch and foundation will open YouTube channel where performances will be added, and earn money for foundation that way. Also Leona Lewis and some more start from all over world (unknow who yet) will be part of this

What do you think about this? And which song do you want Gaga to cover?

Read more here: http://www.mirror.co...nehouse-8846039
  • amywoo likes this

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

I dont believe Gaga has level or class to cover Amy. 

• MarthaVasil likes this

#3 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

Gaga can sing, and she's pretty good at Jazz, but I wonder how it's going to sound like when she covers an Amy song. I think Stronger Than Me might be a good fit.

• dykehaze, inwinoveritas and bunnybowlingshirt like this

#4 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:23 PM

I'm personally not excited about the prospect of other artists covering Amy's songs, but I reckon it's a great way to raise money for the foundation.

• GoddessAmy likes this

#5 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

(yawn)

#6 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

I'm actually horrified. The Beyonce B2B cover was bad enough, but this ... those artists are OK in their own way, but they're mainstream, careerist pop performers, and in a way they epitomise everything Amy didn't want to become. I know it's for a good cause (probably) and celebrities like Gaga will drive sales, but I don't think is how Amy would want her music to be remembered at all. I also disliked Mitch's comment about Gaga being a 'good kid' - she's an adult, not an eternal child who must do what her parents, or her record company expect. I think this attitude was part of the problem in his relationship with Amy too, and he's still making all her decisions even now.

• Fierce, Love is a losing game and GoddessAmy like this
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#7 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

The project would be better released as an Album, even better, impose Amy's voice in with her guests. Yeah! loads of people doing it, It works, and why not open up some of the covers that Mitch says they have (loads of), because If I'm to be honest, theres not a lot of materal to use, and If your talking YT, over what period? well, you couldn't keep It going for years could you? Also, what If the artist happens to be male? not that many songs he can sing, well, apart from the few obvious that is. Hey! just had a thought, and If your listening MITCH? look at my user pic, take inspiration Sir...just saying.

#8 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

i think, i wouldn't give a shit about what's written on mirror.co.uk , cause it might not be true. but if it was, i would first hear her tunes before posting an opinion on it. maybe it is okay, i mean, she also recorded jazzy tunes, so maybe it's not all that bad. sometimes people making crappy music aren't talentless, they just record such tunes simply because the vast majority of people rather wants to listen to simple pop tunes than to quality music.

• pattieboyd2 likes this

#9 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

Mitch Its a shame you couldnt take care of your daughter as you are doing with this foundation. I dont care anything except for Amy's new material.A friend of mine went to London last week and she said that Sam (the owner of Jazz After Dark pub) had said that Mitch is a bad person.
  • Sassy, inwinoveritas and GoddessAmy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users