Photo
- - - - -

"When My Eyes" and "Trilby" recorded on 9/11?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bunnybowlingshirt

bunnybowlingshirt

Now, I tread water.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

I know this may be random but I was looking at this video of "Procrastination" and I read the description and it says:

"Written by Amy produced by Daren Major in 2001.
I'm not sure if this was recorded on 9/11 or not as as far as I know Amy recorded When my eyes and Trilby on that day so possible same session but can't be certain."

So is this true? were these songs recorded on 9/11? If so, does anyone have any background information or proof of it? It just made me so curious lol

btw, hello to everyone and I hope you are all enjoying the holidays and the new year!

• melnyk and pattieboyd2 like this

i can't help but analyze your actions, neglecting mine...

sig.png

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Amy did 'Long Day' on 9/11. She started working with Daren Carrington (aka Major) a week after that.

• melnyk and pattieboyd2 like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

The songs were produced by Ian Barter, but I'm not sure when.

• melnyk likes this

#4 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

From what I've read the first time Amy met Ian was when he was brought in to do some guitar work on some of those songs that Amy was working on with Daren Carrington (Major) when they needed a guitarist. So, it most likely was soon after the Major sessions that Amy and Ian started working on songs together, he also helped her to improve her jazz style guitar playing around this time too.

• melnyk likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Daren (Major) still got unheard recordings from that early time with Amy. He mentioned to me, once, that he was planning to leak a song called 'Old School', which never happened though.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#6 MermaidFriend

MermaidFriend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

What about "Procrastination"? I've searched everywhere and I could not find who first leaked this song. Here in the forum I could track posts about this tune back to 2008.
Did Salaam or any of her other producers that had "released" this tune?

It's such a different although extremely good one!

#7 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

I could not find who first leaked this song.

Major posted it on his MySpace account.

#8 MermaidFriend

MermaidFriend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

Major posted it on his MySpace account.

Thanks for this info! Just for curiosity, does the page is still up? I guess no since I couldn't find, but maybe it's just well hidden

#9 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for this info! Just for curiosity, does the page is still up? I guess no since I couldn't find, but maybe it's just well hidden

Major's MySpace ...
http://www.myspace/majortunes

You can still listen to the instrumental backing for 'Old School' there, too

#10 MermaidFriend

MermaidFriend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Major's MySpace ...
http://www.myspace/majortunes

You can still listen to the instrumental backing for 'Old School' there, too

Thanks for the link! Just some final question. Does anyone here contacted him (or have his contact) about he releasing good quality version of those songs at least for the fans here on the forum? 

It would be really could to have a proper quality version of such awesome amy's tunes.

#11 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

His Myspace is amazing. For example there's an instrumental of Alcoholic Logic! Very unique, indeed.

#12 melaniesmermaid

melaniesmermaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Daren (Major) still got unheard recordings from that early time with Amy. He mentioned to me, once, that he was planning to leak a song called 'Old School', which never happened though.

The instrumental of it is on his MySpace?? Doesn't sound early Amy. Maybe I'm a bit confused haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users