Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Amy Winehouse had unreleased songs (says Troy Miller)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

Amy Winehouse's drummer Troy Miller says there are unreleased songs they worked on together.

The 'Rehab' hitmaker tragically died of alcohol poisoning back in 2011, aged just 27, and left behind some musical gems, though Troy says he doesn't feel it is right to release the tracks without Amy because she was so protective of her music.
Amy Winehouse had unreleased songs

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, he said: "I have mixed feelings about those releases, but at the same time I think if its good music I think that people deserves to hear it, we recorded some stuff in St. Lucia and none of that has been purred, as far as I know."

The producer - who is working on Jamie Cullum's new record - says the only problem is that getting hold of the recordings could prove difficult as a lot of the studios they worked at have have shut down.

He continued: "It'll be on people's up drives and some studios that recorded her stuff back in the day are now shut down.

"I dare say people have got footage or recordings somewhere.

"In one sense it's a shame to keep it, I know that probably Amy wouldn't have wanted any of it to be put out, just knowing her."

Troy says the 'Back to Black' singer was working on music before her death, but turned down the chance to work with him because she likes to have ownership over her work.

Asked if it's because she would have wanted the last say on releasing the tracks, he replied: "Yeah, she did tend to be like that.

"I remember not long before she died I said let's get in the studio and do some writing and she said thanks Troy, but I like to write on my own.

"I wanna put my own stuff out.

"She did collaborate a little bit but for the most she wanted to do her own thing.

"I think for an artist in touch with their emotions they've gotta feel like it's all their own and have ownership over what they do."

https://www.iol.co.z...-songs-10976422

• pattieboyd2 and Moonvenue like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

There is something special stirring, people are coming out of the woodwork to let's us know there is definitely unreleased work. For so long now we have been told there is no more music and yet, all of a sudden, and as if we didn't know, there is loads of unreleased tracks. What do you reckon that Mitch is up to something? testing the waters? Yep! I think something is finally about to happen, 2018???

#3 lololyda

lololyda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

I think releasing the tracks should be handled carefully, perhaps not thrown together as an album but featured through a documentary or something like that. 

• King Marty likes this

#4 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

It's believed a movie biopic is in the pipeline that could also star Noomi Rapace, think that's her name, but anyway, music rights for its soundtrack is currently being negotiated so, big possibility?. Couple of albums I reckon, if not more, I just wish they would stop playing about and get on with it. So listen, the documentary that Mitch was putting together? remember that? anyone know what's happening exactly? Just wondering.
  • lololyda likes this

#5 Simon FC

Simon FC

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for posting Uno. 

For the love of God, get it all released before I grow old and die

• Uno and King Marty like this
Simon FC, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jul 2007.

#6 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

Thanks for posting Uno. 

For the love of God, get it all released before I grow old and die

Ha ha, you've got that right. I'm no 'spring chicken', they need to get on it

• King Marty likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#7 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

If the tracks were of a good enough quality then they would have been released by now. Amy's voice was damaged in 2008, when these alleged songs were recorded (think of 'Between the Cheats') and I don't think she was in the right head space or had enough perspective to write lyrics of her Frank/B2B standard...

I'd rather they weren't released to the public via album form... She was milked for money enough... 

They should just upload them to this forum for her dedicated fans to hear... I know the music business doesn't work like that but now Amy's legacy is cemented, thanks to the documentary and all the new pop artists who cite her as an influence, I wouldn't want some lackluster recordings to come along and lessen peoples opinion of her...

• Badu4 likes this

#8 sgh

sgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

If the tracks were of a good enough quality then they would have been released by now. Amy's voice was damaged in 2008, when these alleged songs were recorded (think of 'Between the Cheats') and I don't think she was in the right head space or had enough perspective to write lyrics of her Frank/B2B standard...

This is my feeling as well. I disagree somewhat about the lyrics, though, based on what I've seen floating around and always thought it would be cool to have the lyrics to the album she had been working on published as a book of poetry or something. I get the feeling from various interviews with Salaam and other people that she had the lyrics but the recordings were either non-existent or not up to par.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users