Photo
- - - - -

Possible different direction for debut album?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rehab

Rehab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 21 March 2024 - 02:57 AM

I’ve always thought about this.., but could’ve Amy possibly had a different direction for her debut at first? In terms of sound I mean, as by listening to a lot of her early demos they sounded very R&B and some of them had a different sound to what would be featured on the Frank album.

A few examples of this would definitely be My Own Way, Alcoholic Logic, Close To The Front, Beat The Point To Death, Trilby, Procrastination, Long Day, When My Eyes, or some released tracks such as Do Me Good (b-side on Rehab cd’s) and Half-Time. Among many others which obviously in better quality and remastered I could’ve easily seen as some sort of track list on her debut album. Any thoughts on this?

• ivycherrywine, CarmelaFip, RonaldMi and 3 others like this

#2 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Tony Bennett SAID MY NAME

• Moderators
  • 713 posts
  • LocationIm Usonian!

Posted 21 March 2024 - 04:56 AM

I’ve always thought about this.., but could’ve Amy possibly had a different direction for her debut at first? In terms of sound I mean, as by listening to a lot of her early demos they sounded very R&B and some of them had a different sound to what would be featured on the Frank album.

A few examples of this would definitely be My Own Way, Alcoholic Logic, Close To The Front, Beat The Point To Death, Trilby, Procrastination, Long Day, When My Eyes, or some released tracks such as Do Me Good (b-side on Rehab cd’s) and Half-Time. Among many others which obviously in better quality and remastered I could’ve easily seen as some sort of track list on her debut album. Any thoughts on this?

no, she grew up listening to jazz so, I believe that's what inspired her debut album. as she got older, she listened to more... R&B songs. after the release of B2B, she was going into classical jazz early 20's -60's girl group vibe.

• ivycherrywine, CarmelaFip, RonaldMi and 2 others like this

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

#3 ivycherrywine

ivycherrywine

Paradise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 11:20 PM

Maybe she was just experimenting with the music she liked and figuring out what she wanted Frank to sound like  :)

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

moon spilling in 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users