#1 loveAMYforever

loveAMYforever

And Now, The Final Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2024 - 05:22 PM

I don't know if this topic already existed, but I think it would be interesting to find out how you became Amy fans.

• KemppiBiz and TakeTheBox03 like this

#2 yourshadowcoversme914

yourshadowcoversme914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 06:46 PM

I became an Amy fan in 2022 after watching the documentary. I found out who she was right after her passing; I remember seeing her picture on the grocery store magazines. I was 11 then, but this memory really stuck with me. I listened to the Back to Black album when I was older and realIy liked it, but didn’t become a diehard fan until the summer of 2022. After not having listened to her music in a few years, I came across a playlist of sad songs. I listened to it, and Back to Black was on there. I remembered how much I loved that song, and listened to it a lot more. During one of the times I listened to it, I remember thinking, “damn I really want to know more about Amy” and looked up documentaries about her. Which led me to the Amy doc. I watched it and cried at the end. It affected me more than any movie or documentary ever had, and I fell in love with her. Ever since then, I’ve been a huge fan.
  • LuckyHorse, KemppiBiz, ivycherrywine and 3 others like this

#3 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 08:13 PM

I became fan in 2007 after Amy's success in Latin America. I remember hearing Rehab (it was everywhere!) and thinking 'this girl must be black' because of her voice. She turned out to be a special woman with a unique personality that made me fall in love with her since then. 13 years after her unfair passing (I was watching Me and Mr Jones at Glasto 08 when I found out!) all the documentaries, mentions, million of views and films make me proud of my decision of becoming her fan. I still feel her presence more often than not, and sometimes I cry for her too. It doesn't happen that much with my family members though...
I find it disappointing she didn't have the chance to enjoy all the money she collected (Saint Lucia can't be considered a trip per se) despite all the joys and amazing songs (and poetry) she shared with the entire world (this being so with just 27).
I just hope she is at peace. Really.
  • LuckyHorse, ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

#4 Carlo20

Carlo20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:07 PM

When Amy was at her peak I was a kid, so I must have heard her but I only have very hazy memories. I remember more vividly the day of her passing, because my dad was truly upset. Growing up, I would think of Amy as the singer of Back to Black, but even though I've always enjoyed that song, I still knew very little about her.

Then one evening, while lazily flicking through the TV channels, I stumbled upon the Shepherd's Bush concert. Somehow Amy immediately intrigued me and I kept watching till the end, fully fascinated by her voice and gaze. As I woke up the next day, I immediately felt the need to find the concert online: I only wanted to see the first part that I had missed on TV, but I ended up watching the whole show once again! From that day on, I began compulsively listening to her music and learning about her, and the more I'd learn, the more I'd love her. I feel so blessed that I had the chance to discover her!

• amyinourhearts, LuckyHorse, ivycherrywine and 2 others like this

#5 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:13 PM

When Amy was at her peak I was a kid, so I must have heard her but I only have very hazy memories. I remember more vividly the day of her passing, because my dad was truly upset. Growing up, I would think of Amy as the singer of Back to Black, but even though I've always enjoyed that song, I still knew very little about her.

Then one evening, while lazily flicking through the TV channels, I stumbled upon the Shepherd's Bush concert. Somehow Amy immediately intrigued me and I kept watching till the end, fully fascinated by her voice and gaze. As I woke up the next day, I immediately felt the need to find the concert online: I only wanted to see the first part that I had missed on TV, but I ended up watching the whole show once again! From that day on, I began compulsively listening to her music and learning about her, and the more I'd learn, the more I'd love her. I feel so blessed that I had the chance to discover her!

That gig is superb! The previous day Amy had performed at the same venue, and recording also took place.

• TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and Carlo20 like this

#6 Carlo20

Carlo20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:30 PM

That gig is superb! The previous day Amy had performed at the same venue, and recording also took place.

It would be a dream to see that first concert in full as well!

• LuckyHorse, TakeTheBox03 and yourshadowcoversme914 like this

#7 newzealandamyfan

newzealandamyfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2024 - 01:36 AM

ever since back to black's popularity on 2007. parents and grandmother loved the album. always heard the music growing up. however, really became a big fan after seeing Rehab play on mtv in 2016 or something. this blue-tinged music video with this strange looking girl with a huge voice. I thought she was just fabulous and now she is my favourite.

• LuckyHorse, TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

#8 Mi1mi

Mi1mi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:35 AM

I was only 7 when she passed, but I have grown up and lived in Camden my whole life, so had heard her music around whilst growing up, especially when my mum would drive me to school and the radio would be on. (We used to see Mitch in a supermarket in Camden called Morrison's from time-to-time- didn't talk to him or bother him though, this was before her passing.) The main moment I remember is when Lioness: Hidden Treasures was released (I would've been 8 then), and my mum and I went to Tesco (British supermarket) the day of released and bought the CD as she was a huge fan of her. From then on, we'd always listen to it in the car. I was then a fan, but I have now had a recent resurgence in my love for Amy when I bought Tyler James' book and read it a few months ago. 

• ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and Carlo20 like this

#9 Aniko

Aniko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:38 PM

2007. I saw her perform live and was completely blown away by her talent.
  • LuckyHorse, yourshadowcoversme914 and Carlo20 like this

#10 yourshadowcoversme914

yourshadowcoversme914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:13 PM

2007. I saw her perform live and was completely blown away by her talent.

That’s awesome!
Which gig was it?
  • TakeTheBox03 likes this

#11 Aniko

Aniko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 10:15 PM

That’s awesome! Which gig was it?

Camden Crawl at the Dublin Castle.
  • ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03 and yourshadowcoversme914 like this