#16 loveAMYforever

loveAMYforever

And Now, The Final Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2024 - 06:52 AM

What I was pointing out is exactly the contradiction between what Dale says in this interview and what happened with the biopic. He claims they don't want an Amy lookalike to sing with the tribute band because that would be disrespectful, but then they take part in the recording sessions for the biopic with Marisa, who's there to impersonate Amy, as the singer. What makes this imitation of Amy less disrespectful than the others? I just wish they had kept themselves away from the movie, like Zalon did.

I'm a bit scared to ask... what is the AI speech?

Artificial intelligence :wub:

#17 loveAMYforever

loveAMYforever

And Now, The Final Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2024 - 07:12 AM

We need to remember that people like Ade, Dale, Zalon, etc., are, ultimately, independent musicians and instrumentalists. They were part of "Amy's Band," yes, but they need to work and most likely have families to feed. Not all musicians are able to do everything for the "art." Let's go easy on them.

Everyone has to work to support themselves, but you can take the easy route, like Dale Davis, Robin Banerjee, Hawi Gondwe, Nathan Allen, Henry Collins, Ade Omatayo, James Hunt, Frank Walden, who all now play in cover bands (Amy Winehouse- Queen of Camden, Forever Amy Band! They could have got together to develop new songs in Amy's style, like the Dap Kings the USA. Zalon Thompson,  Sam Beste and Xantone Blacq do their own thing.

• ivycherrywine likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users