Amy Live sessions

Been listening to some of Amy’s AOL Sessions, I think I understand why Amy wasn’t happy with the “Frank Album” as she said “they f***ed up, I cant even listen to Frank now, although I like performing the songs live”

Listening to this version of “In My Bed” I see what she means, the sound engineers/mixers seem to have taken a lot of the soul and emotion out of the songs, maybe to fit in with “mainstream” sound, not maybe wanting to take a risk with the album sounding too edgy and raw, big mistake in my eyes.

I would love to see an album of Amy’s live versions of her songs, I always thought she sounded awesome performing live, always the sign of a true artist.
Anyway here’s 2 of my favourite “live” versions, what a difference and what a smile! Apologies if they have been posted before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqy402Vi1bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CGa5S8q0EY

Yea, i love tha live versions tha funky as fook guitar/bass line is a belter, always wondered why not tha same on video, silly twats shdn’t have changed HER music, what makes em think dey knw betta, wankers, Paul, again, totally agree wid ya, a live sessions cd would be fookin amazin, or a compilation, a dvd even, as she did so many songs ova tha yrs. x

Nice..it is in the first CD,Frank?

Lovely,thanks ^^

Thank you! Yes they are both on the first CD Frank, but I think the live versions sound really different and so much better,it reminds me of the quote from NME magazine “she was simply a phenomenal performer, with a confessional vulnerability that drew you in, and a voice that could pin you to the back of the room.”

Cheers Berny! been trying to find that interview with Amy to show you, think she gave them a right rollocking "Amy style"and that they weren’t speaking to her! although she said in a later interview that she was really proud of her album “Frank” but would have done things “differently” in hindsight.
Lets hope we get a Live album sometime in the future, that Baden concert in Germany 2004 is one of my all time favourites she really was on top form, and her expressions, drinking bottled water when the band were playing the solos, class! I’ve only seen the youtube clips as I cant seem to find the official DVD anywhere.

Google:“Amy Winehouse: Live in Germany and Spain”.

Also check out this thread:

amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6124

There are a couple songs at the end of her Baden, Baden set that didn’t get put on the dvd.

Ye Thanks Jat, did a search for the dvd but couldnt find it anywhere, only thing I could find was a link but there was only the second half of the concert on there!

If you know of a online shop that sells this dvd could you please get in touch, be really nice to have this to watch over Christmas holidays.

Cheers

Paul.

This is the site I got my copy from:

ioffer.com/i/amy-winehouse-germany-and-spain-2004-2008-dvd-proshot-161300469

This isn’t the same seller I dealt with but yeah, you’re right…not an easy item to track down, unless you go by way of torrent download.

Love to see a dvd of Baden gig or tha AOL sessions, again, tis all on tape sumwhr, why not put it out for tha fans. x