Amy now

I’m just guessing here but I don’t think we’ll be hearing much from the Amy camp for a while. Not about the album or really much else. Not saying it’s good or bad…or unusual. Guess I’m just thinking out loud.

Well.. in Feburary she has the show in Dubai.. and who knows she might be in the UK’s festivals..

And she could be finishing the album??

Forgot about Dubai. I’ll try to remain hopeful on the rest.

its weird i have the same thoughts. i dunno…it seems she really is hiding out in London. then again…she probably is working on her new home and trying to patch things up with reg (as she was wearing that necklace again). plus tha new album that by the time i get in my hands i will be sooooo ready for anything ill self-emplode. but i also feel like we arent dealing wit da same ames. I feel like she is much different ever since st. lucia. i think she has a completely new policy with the limelight.

I’m satisfied for now. She did a great job in Brazil. I have no fear that Amy will become a recluse–she clearly is the kind of person who likes to be out and about, wherever she is. That said, a reduction in the paparazzi madness would be a good thing. It was just too much in the past. I do wish that a release date or status report on the album would be given, so that we have some idea and aren’t just left hanging. But given that she is looking and sounding good and just notched 5 successful performances in a row, I’m OK for now.

yeah remember when every time she stepped out it was a sea of paps? she couldn’t even get out of her flat!

She is coming to the north of Spain (Bilbao) on July! So I guess she is indeed doing festivals…
http://www.bilbaobbklive.com/2011/

http://www.bilbaobbklive.com/2011/

…wonder if this means her new covers, or if her own new album material…

It would make sense if she finally performed new material by then. If she doesn’t have it ready by july that’d mean the album would be released around autumn. Also if she doesn’t perform new material before or in july I wouldn’t be surprised if the album wasn’t released until 2012 which would kill us all.

I guess I’m tired of waiting…considering she had said herself January was THE month it’d eventually come out. And oh well,IDK. Brazil concerts were great so I can’t really say anything. I just wish her fuckin’ record company would release the thing already in case it’s truly ready.

i personally think thats ^^^^ what is holding it up: the record company. i think its written n’ all but they are being assholes about it. they have all the control now i bet, ever since she fucked up and cancelled all her gigs n all the stunts in rehab. they probably have her by the balls.

I’m still not 100% convinced that the record really is completely finished, but supposing it is… I’m as eager as any of you guys to see it on the shelves and hear the new songs, but in a way I can understand where the record company is coming from if they are holding the release up. Amy has had a lot of negative press over the last few years - mainly from the british tabloids who unfortunately love to revell in (and add to) the misfortune of others. Readers’ comments online have often stated that they won’t buy any more of Amy’s albums because they do not want to condone her addictions and behaviour. The record company’s job is to make sure the album sells to more people than just us here, so they need to make sure public opinion is high enough. It makes sense that they want to wait to see how the Brazilian tour went down and have her do more gigs to create a positive hype again. The music business is just that, a business, and they’re out to make as much profit as possible, and unfortunately that’s got nothing to do with artistic freedom - agree with it or not.

I skimmed an article that said platinum selling artists new releases are often held up to the 4th quarter for several reasons, all of which I’ve forgotten. I’m sure it has to do with $$$ and ad budgets. But, there is a science behind when you release a new artists record verses an established artist.
I guess we’ll see.

thats what i meant above^^^ they really don’t just release things because the fans want it; it all depends on $$ and the right selling point; since its been years since she made any new material (and lets face it (although nioce) Its My Party was not anything new for us) they probably are going to hold it back even longer to determine how the market looks for wino; i mean she has lost a lot of support and they dont want to blow tons of bank on a cd that doesnt sell; the whole crack-video stunt really got ppl worked up. not everyone is as amazing as us and capable of waiting foreva and being understanding. PLUS amy always seemed to wait until she was sure herself, and maybe she is holding it up??

Amy Winehouse has reportedly checked into a London clinic in Harley Street.

The singer apparently felt “a bit ill” and was suffering from flu-like symptoms, leading her to visit the medical facility - the same hospital where she got a £35,000 boob job last year.

Her publicist told the News of the World: “It’s nothing serious - she’s just got a virus. And she’s also about to move house.” He added that she should be released soon.

Winehouse was recently confirmed to play Spain’s Bilbao BBK festival this summer, amid rumours that her third studio album will be released this year.

Source: Digital Spy (It won’t let me post the URL)

I hope she’s OK. I feel like she’s in there too often, its a bit worrying. Of course its better she receives treatment if she is unwell though. The part about her moving house (again?) is interesting too.

she actually has been movin’ house for awhile…what i think they mean is that renovations are done and she can officially move in!

As much as I’d love for her to finally put out that new album, I do hope she takes the time to perfect it (if it isn’t finished yet). I’d rather wait a few extra months for a great album, than to get a half-assed album right now.

i see what u mean . i hope its soon though . People are starting 2 forget Amy here were i reside..

not to worry…as soon as her new album is out, she won’t be forgotten!

For all of us , i sure hope so