Amy Winehouse's father denies 'jealousy and greed' is behind £730,000 court case against pop star daughter's friends who sold her clothes and used mak

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-15368275/amy-winehouse-singer-popstar-father-legal-claim-law-suit-auction-memorabilia.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/music/mitch-winehouse-high-court-amy-the-sunday-times-b1261818.html

Pop star? :huh:

Catriona and Naomi have crowdfunded their defense, and an anonymous supporter has stepped forward to help.

The whole situation is just sad. Mitch is greedy, but I find it distasteful that they’ve sold some of Amy’s personal items that she supposedly gifted them. Dionne is also said to have sold a guitar that Amy gifted her. So much for holding onto things for sentimental value.

2 Likes

They’re all greedy, mitch is just angry that he didn’t get the money.

2 Likes

Catriona sold a Polaroid of her and Amy, a handcrafted heart Amy made with Catriona’s nickname on it, and a collage with a handwritten note made for her. Like damn selling presents from your late close friend just because she’s famous and you can make money from it just seems wrong.

4 Likes

What? Did Dionne sell a guitar that Amy gifted her? What’s wrong with these people?
I can see why they ALL let Amy die! People with ZERO sentimental values and ethics

3 Likes

No one let her die; she succumbed to her addiction. I’m sure they all wish they could go back in time and do some things differently, but the outcome may have been the same. I don’t think it’s not fair to blame anyone for her death. Addiction is a very complex thing.

2 Likes

Alex tried to stop the auction:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/37595792/amy-winehouse-brother-memorabilia-auction-dad-mitch/

2 Likes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-15374883/amp/Amy-Winehouse-friend-singer-father-legal-action-High-Court.html

I lost respect for these girls when they auctioned Amy’s bloody ballet flats.
I don’t understand why Mitch would be jealous of these girls. Jealous of what specifically? He has more money than them.
It all smells like another money grab from the girls.

2 Likes

Omg! They sold the bloodied ballet pumps???!!

This is terrible. They all exploited her  :frowning:

1 Like

Have Catriona and Naomi countersued Mitch? I was under the impression that he sued them and they are now defending themselves.

Their claim that he’s jealous refers to his greed. He sold over 600 items at the auction, raising around £1 million for the estate, with only 30% of the proceeds going to the Amy Winehouse Foundation.

It’s not unusual for items to sell for a higher price at auction than their original value. This doesn’t prove that they stole from the estate, and since Mitch is the one alleging it, it’s his burden to prove it.

Amy, Tyler, Catriona, and Naomi were all close and lived together at various times. While I don’t agree with them auctioning off personal items and exposing Amy’s sexuality, I believe they were genuine friends who, unlike Juliette and Lauren, were there for her when she was struggling with fame and substance abuse.

Regardless of who is in the right or wrong, it’s sad that people Amy loved are fighting each other in court. I hope one day her memory will finally rest in peace.

1 Like

Correction, the Winehouse estate actually earned £3 million from the auction. Not £1 million.
Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-59203540
“* More than $4m (£3m) was raised from about 800 items.”

Why would he be “greedy” with that much money? He has more money than the girls.

2 Likes

 

Is there an update on the case?

Yes the girls won the lawsuit.
Source:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/amy-winehouses-father-loses-legal-bid-for-funds-friends-made-selling-singers-memorabilia