This trend of “OhlookatmeI’msoretro” is getting on my tits already.
I’ve come across these two new girls which I consider both are jumping a bit on Amy’s massive bandwagon.
One is Duffy which is probably the one who is persuing a more similar sound. I’m all for 60’s influenced babes but… one of her songs sounds so fucking much like one of mines so that’s probably why I don’t like her as much as I would otherwise. Don’t even dare to say that it’s something like Bunton meets Winehouse :hithead: Duffy - Mercy
This one is Adele which I happen to like a lot more. She sounds more refreshing than that Duffy girl to me and altough retro-ish it’s slightly more appealing and real (to me anyway). Adele - Chasing Pavements
I hope I’m not sounding like one of those delluded fans that seem to think everyone is copying their idols.
Oh well, Duffy’s got a great voice (check out Syrup & Honey) but her lyrics are kind of dull, I don’t really like her as much as Adele! She’s great, can’t wait for here record But she’s not that much of an Amy wanna-be anyway…
“Mercy” reminds me of “Chain of fools”.
Anyway, I think they’re both ok, I haven’t heard more than a couple of songs of theirs. But so far so good, it’s good to see female singers who are trying to breakthrough with their talent for singing and songwriting, rather than shaking their booties!