Amy winehouse has had her US Ban lifted meaning she can now enter the country to promote her music.
The ‘Back To Black’ singer has been barred from flying to the States for two years, following an arrest for cannabis possession and also reports that she assaulted a fan.
However, it’s good news now for the English pop star, as officials have given her the all clear.
An insider tell Star magazine: “Amy loves the idea of jetting off to America. She really wants to go to the States and play some shows.”
“She knows she has a huge fan base there and would love to boost her profile further and give something back to all the people who buy her records.”
Winehouse is still writing material for her third album, which is hoped could be out before the end of 2009. Insiders however, feel the LP won’t arrive until 2010.
was time it happened.
oh dear, finally!!
Another similar one..
**_
_**
Finally! ![]()
thank God!! it was about freakin time already!
I predicted as much in the thread about the court case against her being dropped.
Ah, finally, Amy can get her ass back over here. New York City needs her!
OMG!!!
Cant wait!!! This is going to be MAJOR!
Awhh, everybody is all exited! I can’t wait for a performance in the UK though!
Tickets will probably be hard to get because of the demand, don’t you think?
Wonder if this would set back work on the third album.
And I remember she said she was sick of singing the B2B songs.
Maybe it will just be a 1-month deal.
Advantages: Raise her profile quickly, thank her American fans, generate some cash (not sure Amy cares about the latter, but maybe she needs the money, who knows).
I’m there. Rain, hail, snow, tornado, hurricane.
And travel is no object.
That’s what credit cards are for.
I’d love to go to SF for an AWF (re) union. We could meet
Kev, see Amy in concert, and have an absolute blast.
I’ve never been to SF, but it’s been on my Top 5 list for a long time. And it seems like the kind of city Amy would play.
Kev could show us around!
Agree, I’d go anywhere in the country if I could get a ticket.
SF would be cool.
And I guess I kind of forgot that we could have an AWF meeting since the concert would be in the USA where we have a lot of members. D’oh!
If i have the money by then, i’m with you guys! would love to go to san francisco ![]()
come one, come all
i would love to show you around. it would be a gas gas gas!!!
my suspicion is that they’ll book her into The Fox Theater in Oakland, a recently renovated old vaudville theater that all acts seem to be playing now. I’m seeing The Arctic Monkeys there next month. Check it out…
http://thefoxoakland.com/
open up Gallery, hit The Shins (I was there!!) and the third picture from the left gives you a feel for the place.