I was watching the Amy documentary last week, and I still have this question flying inside my head: did Blake ever love Amy?
I think in the beginning he had to feel something about her, but then, when they were back together around 2007, the perspective of the money and fame he could have if he was with her was big.
We have to be honest, she wasn’t an angel, but she always said she would have died for him.
But then, at some point, if you see that your partner is unstable physically and mentally, you just want to take care of
her/him; she had health problems and he still took drugs into the hospital…
So, here’s again the question: do you think Blake ever loved Amy?
I think Blake did love Amy, and of course Amy loved Blake, but they sure didn’t treat each other like they loved one another.
Drug fueled relationships are very complex, and the majority of what happens in those relationships won’t make sense to anyone outside of it, like Blake bringing drugs to Amy while she was in the hospital. It doesn’t make sense, but to them it did. And while he took the drugs to her, she chose to take the drugs.
As far as money goes, I think Blake could have gotten a lot more money out of her through their divorce but from what I can remember he chose not to take her money, which leads me to believe he wasn’t just in it for the money. Those are just my opinions though, and we don’t know all the facts of their relationship, but yeah to answer your question, I think he loved Amy.
I also think that Blake loved Amy. For sure both of them had problems, and they were not able to solve them together or even separately. Why drugs appeared in their lifes, not because IT was just for fun but there were some deep reasons. I am sure that if Blake did not love Any he would for sure fight for money after divorce, thinking that he deserves, or sell a lot of private stories, photos, films. And he did not do this.
By the way, do you know what is going on with Blake? How is he doing?
I do believe Blake loved Any he just didn’t know how to. He must have felt that she could get anyone better for her . Specially with all her fame . But I think he did…
Yes but his love’s foundation was built on greed. Everything he made Amy go through was fueled by his greed. To have her money, to be in control and to live the lavish life.
Sorry to necro this thread…but no. I don’t think he loved her at all. He left her and got back with his ex and reappeared in Amy’s life after Back to Black was released. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. He had nothing going for him, and Amy was his money machine. Sad but true.
I guess I’m a little late to the party too, but I think he loved her. As someone said above, he could’ve gotten alot more out of divorcing her than staying with her, and he could have sold private things of Amy’s that he had owned (I guess he owns quite a few love songs written by her for him that were all finished and unreleased) but he didn’t. Maybe some of it was out of respect, but think he loved Amy, and still does. A month before she died, as crazy as it sounds, they were texting eachother and staying in contact (that should count for something) and talking about letting Amy have one of his kids to raise as her own. I’m sure it seems batshit crazy now, but to them, it was perfectly fine. Maybe I should start a different thread about this, but do you think that anyone truly loved Amy? I mean, Mitch kinda seems like he’s using her.