Business big shot: Amy Winehouse

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/movers_and_shakers/executive_movers/article4656420.ece

For a year ??? That’s bad news for us!
But I would prefer to wait more and not have a “hastily recorded” album…

i want the album now though. we need to send her a letter

Let’s give the woman all the time she needs to write another magnificent album.
I agree with Lise, I’d rather wait five years for a great album than 6 months for a not so great one.

“but there is little doubt that the record company is keen for her to produce a new album before the public finally tires of the endless tabloid tittle-tattle”
That’s exactly what I don’t want.

yeah i know . Lets give her the time she needs for her next album. I’m just one of those impatient people who want album now though. lol

a credible source
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/movers_and_shakers/executive_movers/article4656420.ece

wasnt it like 3 years between frank and b2b?
who cares if she doesnt release material for a year
she will deliver, an artist needs time, where as a product can churn out song after song ergo rhianna

Exactly, I wouldn’t mind if the public tired of her “endless tabloid” exposure before the album came out. Maybe someone else will become the apple of the pap’s eye and Amy could enjoy a little privacy. Maybe then people would just listen to the music and comment on that, not her husband or her eating disorder (I know that is completely unrealistic, but a girl can hope).

i agree with both of you. this article is from a business section of a paper, so its taking a purely commercial viewpoint

i think her record company are smart enough to realise that amys commerciality (is that a word?) is dependent on her creativity

1 Like

yes, thts a word lol
thing about amy is, she’s not like other people who need to keep pushing songs out just so people remember her name, the music will speak for its self, and if she did rush an album, just to please the label - which i dont think the label would want her to do any way - its likely to not be the best she can do, and lets face it, back to black is going to take some beating

yeah and the guy off the told you i was trouble dvd (cant remember his name) said that they knew not to rush her

MERGED! i have already posted this exact story.