Dionne Bromfield

Just read a bit about Dionne in my sisters ‘Mizz’ magazine. I was really bored and it was the first thing on the page that I saw. I don’t really beleive it, what do you think,?! It reads…

Keep your peepers peeled for brand new musical talent Dionne Bromfield, who also happens to be the goddaughter of Amy Winehouse! Dionne, 13, has been signed to a label set up by Amy, and her debut album, featuring collaborations with Ms Winehouse, Lady GaGa, and Eughan Quigg, is set for release in March. Bring it on!

x x x

Coughan… hehe. I was thinking about how Amy said his name earlier today for some reason.

Collaborations with Amy and Lady GaGa… hmm, those are two quite different things.

Hmmm…I don’t know how I feel about this. I think Dionne should enjoy her childhood while she can. If she becomes a star, she’s gonna loose everything to gain something she could loose just as quickly.

^ I couldn’t agree more! She is definitly really talented but maybe it’s a lil too early for her to face the world of the music industry. I wish her all the best though and I think it’s good that Amy tries to help her and give her a career.
I didn’t know that Amy already set up her own label!? Is that official or is it still just a rumour?

I just looked at the pics from last september this morning. She is adorable …

Dionne looks nice. Amy looks like she just got out of a death camp.

I wouldn’t allow my kid to do something like this so early. Music is one hell of a cruel business.

when your 13 year old goddaughter looks more like an adult than you at 25.. you should know something’s wrong.
horrible times…

i know. i hope we never see Amy looking so scary again. Dionne is too young for this biz, for the reasons Pablo said imo

That’s a really good way to put it. And what’s even more scary is how much that’s true. It looks like she weighs more than Amy in that picture. Thank God for St. Lucia.

thats probably because she did! ha

Amy has made an unbelievable transformation from…

to..

I LOVE IT! Woot!

Thats sweet to see that shes helping her pursue her dreams.

She is adorable. I’d just hope that Amy straightens up her act completely if she plans on bringing Dionne into the business. I think Amy would be a great mentor when it comes to music, but the fact that her personal life overshadows her musical achievements sometimes could mean bad news for someone just starting out. It’s already easy to get into drinking/drugs in show business, imagine how much easier it would be if your manager is/was/hangs out with people who are already into them; I mean imagine being able to say: “well my manager was strung out on drugs and alcohol and still own 5 grammys. I can do that too!”

Not to say I think Dionne is the next Amy or thinks this way, but you see what I mean. At 13 it’s easy to focus on the good parts instead of seeing the whole picture. I think she should wait, get some experiences before setting out into the business.

I think 13 is defenitely too young for a career, but “these music people” have a different mindset, and I can’t say that they’re wrong, that Amy’s wrong, to help her start out in music… but a career… at 13? Talent won’t wait though, it just proceeds. I wish I’d never have to see Amy looking so, ahm… not good, again. Why does she go so far that it’s scary, painful rather? Maybe that too has to do with a certain mindset, an openness, like being emotionally uncommonly receptive, and having, or recognizing, no borders until they’re already crossed and it’s somehow hard to find your way back. (Well, addiction, to men also.) Amy, whatever borders you crossed, come back! Bring us what you found, which must be some treasure that you’ve had to seek it so hard and in such barren land. I long for a new song and her old humour.

I’d like to think that, having seen Amy deteriorating right next to her so to speak, she would never touch drugs.

I’ve always seen Amy as a perfect example why you shouldn’t do drugs, and it sometimes annoys me when the media acts like Amy promotes drugs.

I just hope Dionne didn’t just get a record deal because she is Amy’s goddaughter. I agree with the comments about her being too young.

Uh… what?

:crazy2:

My mistake, I hope she is not just doing an album because she is Amy’s goddaughter.

the first picture with dionne is so cute

Celine Dion started her career at 13 y old. And she kept it all together all the time( her mom was always close, though). It’s not like she is a child, she is a teenager. If she is properly managed, her parents following her and all, …( not letting her go out with Amy and her bottles..), I think she could start a career. Why not? Dionne looks quite simple and sweet, and grounded. Maybe she deserves a chance.