Forum NOT closing

Hello one and all,
This forum needs to be renewed and I don’t think I’ll be doing so. I’m not 100% sure yet, I need to give it some more thought. I’ve got a few days until the forum goes offline due to non-renewal. I will send an email to all of the members once I have made my decision.
Ofcourse if I don’t renew this place, someone else is more than willing to take it off my hands.
Thank you,
Clare.

Well, that’s certainly a discouraging note to see upon logging on. :frowning:

Is it because of your loss of enthusiasm for Amy, Clare? Or it just takes too much of your time or money? Just curious.

Oh, no, that’s terrible … :frowning: … I LOVE this place.

Ha Ha! Sorry dude. Just thought it best to let everyone know so you all know what’s going on.

A bit of both. I just can’t bring myself to care enough about Amy to run this forum anymore. I don’t post much in the Amy sections of the forum. I like to take part in the Random section more. I just don’t think I should run the forum anymore as my lack of interest in Miss Winehouse OBVIOUSLY shows in my comments and I think someone who is more interested in her should run the forum. It’d be a more positive place if the Admin of this forum actually LIKED Amy. Hope that made sense.
It also takes up alot of my time and I feel I should venture away from the forum and direct my time and energy into something I enjoy more. And then there is the money factor and the fact that I have none. I want to move out of my mum’s within the next few months so can’t really afford to keep this place going. I know alot of you have contributed towards the forum and I am SO grateful for that. Your money has helped the forum grow and become the best Amy forum online, if I do say so myself.

But as I said I’m still not sure what I’m going to do. :-S

You’ve done a wonderful job, Clare! Hope you and Amy both choose what’s right for your own well-being.

Aw thanks Alan. But I don’t think my choices are as difficult as hers. Ha ha!!
I’m hungry…

While I undertand you may not be able to devote your time to running the forum any longer, to say you don’t care about her enough is awful to hear on a major fan site. I will be very dissapointed if this forum ends. I love logging in to get Amy news because I do care about her very much and love her. I would run the forum, but I can’t, and fear I would not be able to do a good enough job for Amy. Please stick with it. I appreciate all that you have done so far and I thank you. What does it cost to run a forum? I have no clue. :cry:
Amy Girl

I know saying I don’t care is pretty harsh and unwanted on a fan forum but these are my reasons. The forum will not close. It will most likely be handed over to another member who can devote more time to the site.
I know I’ve said this before - that I’m going to leave the forum - but I’ve been mulling it over for weeks now, waiting incase I got a sudden shock of interest again… but I haven’t.
It won’t happen yet, but I’m pretty sure it will eventually. It’s pretty hard to imagine someone else running this forum - as pathetic as that sounds - but I just can’t put alot of effort into it anymore.
Please email me if you’re interested in taking over the forum. I’m not promising anything but atleast this way I can see who wants to take over. I won’t be handing my baby over to just anyone.
Thank you.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I’m sad to read that as well, your personality is a big part of this forum. But I understand your reasons and I hope you’ll take the better decision for yourself.

Balancing a tough mind and a good heart is always difficult, regardless of circumstances. Having turned my mind to mush, I don’t have that problem.
I’ve never thought any of the (usually well-deserved) criticism of Ms. Nuthouse has been out of place here. She embodies every sin and virtue in the book, and if she didn’t, she wouldn’t be the world’s greatest singer. I love her unconditionally, like a parent, but always aware of how she can often be a selfish, ungrateful, enormous fucking baby.
You’re hungry? Eat! Tired? Sleep! This, according to one of the Zen Patriarchs of Japan, is the secret of life.

OK, I understand your reasons Clare, and they make sense.

Handing the forum over to someone else is one thing, shutting it down is quite another.

As Alan said, you’ve done a great job. This is the house (home, really) that you built, and we’re all living in it. When I stop to think of the work you put into it, it’s pretty amazing.

I hope you will still visit occasionally, in the Random section at least, as I hate saying goodbyes. We’ll be keeping your pic on the mantlepiece. :drink:

you’ve done an outstanding job, clare. our girl has been a handful to say the least. looks like she’s pulling it together lately. but who knows how long that’s gonna last. there have been many times i myself have felt like getting off the rollercoaster. i hope you reconsider, but understand if you feel it’s time to move on. i am always happy to help out financially!

Thank you for creating this place. Your hard work has not gone unappreciated. It is completely natural to tire of it and want to move on…I wish you well in whatever you decide to do!

Thank you!

Thanks guys. I’ll still come visit ofcourse… but might have to tone the language down 'cos the new admin might warn me.
:wink:
As I said anyone who is interested in taking over please email me.
Thank you!

I’ve had disagreements and disappointments with a few of the members in this forum. However, unlike the Asylum, people can feel free to basically disagree whilst being agreeable. I’ve never seen the hyena-like attacks and outrageous bullying like the Asylum. See the pattern? This is like a 2nd home, to me, I’ve met great and fantastic people in here, as well and made several friends.

To whomever takes over, please rule with a sharp mind, tough skin and wise heart. I don’t want this wonderful place to end up like…you know. Thank you for all you’ve done, Claire.

Chai, you’ve fought a very lengthy battle against those Amy nay-sayers. I HIGHLY respect you for putting this much time into uniting Amy fans all over. I just hope this forum can continue to run smoothly!

Best wishes for the future! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that Clare, but understand.

You have definitely left your mark on a wonderful forum for Amy fans, for which I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Just don’t let it fall into the hands of the media. Haha.

Hope it continues, and hope to see you on here sometimes.

…and, good luck in your future endeavours.

Hi Clare,
Just logged in, and I have to say i’m sad! :frowning:
I know i’m only on the forum a while, but its a place where I felt at home straight away!
People don’t always agree with each other on here, but everything said about Amy comes firstly from loving her!
I really hope that you change your mind, but if not, good-luck with whatever you are doing!
And thank-you for giving us a place where we can feel at home!
mwah

Sorry to hear this, but I understand your reasons. You’ve done a great, great job. (hope you’ll reconsider tough..) Thanks Clare!