Grammys 2016

https://www.grammy.com/nominees
Amy’s been nominated for Best Music Film - see link number 83 :folded_hands:t2: :musical_notes:

Does anyone know how/where to watch the Grammys in UK please? The official website is for US only.

PS I’m sure we discussed the Grammys a few months ago in another thread but I can’t find it anymore x

1 Like

Ignore my question http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/grammys-2016-when-are-they-what-time-and-whos-nominated-a6874691.html It’ll be aired tomorrow night on 4 Music at 8, I’ll wait until then even if they may not air her category. Good luck love​:heart:! Xxx

Won’t be checking the forum and the news, don’t want spoilers like last nite lol​:winking_face_with_tongue:, will be hoping until tomorrow​:two_hearts: Fingers crossed guys​:folded_hands:t2:

@HelloSailor, Gaga will be doing a Bowie’s tribute oh dear I’m dreading it - don’t like her at all​:expressionless_face: At least there’s been a tribute that makes sense, Beck and Nirvana played The Man Who Sold The World at the pre-Grammys which upsets even more for both David and Kurt, anyway these 30 seconds sound good :broken_heart::sleepy_face:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beck-nirvana-members-team-to-cover-david-bowie-at-pre-grammy-party-20160215

1 Like

I hope they send the Grammy’s here too, i’m just hoping she’ll win!

 

I actually like Gaga. I don’t really know Bowie’s music that well, but i hope she does well.

2 Likes

 

Yeah, I saw that about Lady Gaga. She even got a Bowie tattoo today… I don’t hate her, and I’m curious to see what she does. But I’m expecting to be disappointed to be honest.

Thanks for the link, I didn’t know about Beck+Nirvana tribute :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :+1:t2: I know, I saw the tattoo Jeeez, clearly I do not like her lol :expressionless_face: And since we are at it - sorry off topic - I love Madonna, well, I used to, did you see her tribute when he passed away OMG I had never seen anything worse than that​:enraged_face: poor Bowie. Anyway, hope Gaga delivers a decent tribute tonite regardless of my opinion on her x

Poor David. Lady gaga is sooo nasty and a mess. She doesn’t have nothing of talent.

1 Like

SHE DID IT!

1 Like

CbSiT8GUsAAjQ9e.jpg

 

Found this little bit of info on a foreign website …

 

The documentary “Amy,” which tells the story of singer Amy Winehouse, won the Grammy for best music documentary. The result was announced during the pre ceremony broadcast by the official website of the event, on Monday (15). No representative of Amy, who died in 2011, was to receive the award. The film competes for the best documentary Oscar.

5 Likes

oh, my god, that’s amazing!!

Lianne La Havas, my favourite modern artist, presented it. Hope you’re all well. xxx

5 Likes

 

Harsh enough. She might not be everyone’s cup of tea with the theatrics, but she’s got a good voice and can play, and she writes her own music. Her stripped down, acoustic versions of her songs actually showcase her talents a lot better than the records. I think it’s a bit much to say she isn’t talented.

 

She’s clearly inspired by Bowie too and I don’t think Lady Gaga as we know her would exist without Bowie. He was all about theatrics and alter-egos and having a certain kind of stage presence too, and he was also extremely generous with his talent and had loads of time for younger artists. I don’t think he’d be at all insulted by Lady Gaga performing a tribute.

3 Likes

WHAT?! Nobody was there to receive the award?? REALLY? That’s a big disrespectful to a wonderful and talented Lady like Amy.

The award went to Amy Winehouse and the team. Asif and the team were at the Baftas, so I’m not sure if they would have made it on time. Mitch who has been in charge of everything Amy post her death should have been there to receive the Grammy, but of course being against it, he opted out of it. I actually thought he was going. On a positive note, Amy now has 7 Grammys to her name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAnCp4lZ5RI

 

It’s just sad that her family wasn’t there to accept this award.

2 Likes

Yay!!!

Well done Amy and the team. Shame no one was there to collect it. I wonder what the family will do with her Grammy? Her mum sounded pleased on Twitter when she was told she won.

Shame no-one was there to collect it…, well, there’s always the Oscars! :wink:

 

So I watched Gaga’s tribute… meh.

To be honest, I don’t see who else could’ve pulled it off. Even though I don’t think it was a good tribute, I think she was the best choice. She’s certainly genuine in her love of Bowie, because it’s clear that a lot of her art is inspired by Bowie (you might even say down right copied). And he liked playing with androgynous ambiguity so would’ve enjoyed it being performed by a woman I reckon. The costumes were a disappointment, they were more Elton John than Bowie in my opinion…

I mean… no tribute could ever live up to his genius, so I wasn’t expecting anything else really.

Mitch ,where the hell were you! Cant believe what they have done with Amy! It’s like they killed AMy for the second time! Poor girl!

Mitch said he was not invited so that’s why he didn’t come…

What? he is a liar.