I will be doing a youtube series on eccentric female singers of the 00s

There was a wave of eccentric, big voiced, edgy female singer songwriters that began in the mid to late 00s that Amy Winehouse pioneered. 

 

Funny thing is though nobody seems to remember this wave these days? I don’t mean that its artists are forgotten. Obviously not. Amy is still just as mainstream literally 20 years on. It’s quite incredible how she spans all generations. I’ve chatted to 12 year olds and 80 year olds who are still discovering her music LOL. 

 

Similarly even the likes of Lily Allen, The Noisettes, Kate Nash etc have got huge cult followings. 

 

However the fact that it was a wave that was celebrated as such at the time “the female invasion” or “third british invasion” or “soul invasion” is often overlooked and so I want to do a video series looking over that. 

 

First video will be talking about the invasion, then we’ll do a video looking at Amy’s legacy as was the OG of the movement and then one on some great albums and songs from the era. Hope you guys like it. 

1 Like

I’d love to watch that!! What’s your channel?

1 Like

 

Here it is. First episode. 

 

https://youtu.be/w7DxpVMrAUQ

 

Next three are all about Amy.