Janis interview

I didn’t see this here and don’t know if it was posted but i came across this interview Janis Winehouse did, I guess it was based around the book. I thought it was interesting

http://youtu.be/kzs9nizeDJA

2 Likes

Yeah, her parents are interesting people. So we know Amy was a defiant child and by Janis’ own admission she was a “sweet” mother. No one has a perfect upbringing, and I have a lot of sympathy for Janis for dealing with the shit she did, but of course Amy needed more than her Nan to rein her in. People can only do their best though and sadly her parents’ perceived and real mistakes will forever be a part of Amy’s story. Although I find Janis to be more endearing than Mitch, they both aren’t deserving of the continual questioning regarding their parenting decisions because everybody makes mistakes.

 

“I can only have been as I was, I cannot be any other way.”

2 Likes

Yes Janis is a very sweet lady and I can see how she probably wasn’t ‘strict’ enough for Amy. She’s very wise however and I liked how she answered that question as well, that she could only have been as she was. It’s true.